PDA

View Full Version : Two important questions

fab
22-11-2010, 13:34
Do you lube the shaft that the clutch release baring goes onto?

and

Has anyone had an issue where the crank sensor is rubing off the fly-wheel? And if so what would be the remedy?

Thanks.

cliokiz
22-11-2010, 13:38
Yes, make sure you apply a small amount of CV grease to the input shaft plines and i normally give a generous amount to the 'smooth' part of the input shaft that the release bearing slides along.

Also apply a generous amount of CV grease to the pivot bush and a small amount to the two 'prongs' on the release arm that the release bearing slips onto.

Should result in a nice smooth clutch.

As for the sensor, is it bent? Try replacing with another sensor to see if it still rubs on the flywheel. Also, make sure the engine turns over with the gearbox attached. It is the correct flywheel fitted i assume?

fab
22-11-2010, 14:10
thanks kiz. appreciate that.

i have 3 yes 3 sensors at my disposal so will alternate till I find one that sits properly. she cranks over by hand ok but i could hear a squeak and sure enough when i took the box off this morning there were marks on the wheel precisely where the sensor pin points down onto it.

it's the original fly-wheel alright.

cliokiz
22-11-2010, 15:25
The sensor does sit extremely close to the flywheel, but are you sure it was actually 'rubbing' against it?

I think you'll find it might be the starter motor rubbing against it if anything, is it aligned correctly?

fab
22-11-2010, 16:55
yep sure it was the sensor could see the marks on the wheel from it and the pin on the sensor scraped..and guess what it was the "spurious" one that rubs and the original siemens one is fine.

the shaft is all lubed up with some red grease..me so horny.me love you long time willy :lol: