PDA

View Full Version : RR day? 27th Nov.

Clio-Girl
15-11-2010, 12:14
Ive organised this over on C16V, if any of you guys fancy joining us you are more than welcome. should be some good cars and figures rolling out during the day :D

Hi guys,

As we havent had one for a while (and the last one was in the south west) ive sorted out a rolling road day more in the east at Surrey Rolling Road for the 27th November.

Its all booked up and for 15 cars or more its going to be £35 per run.

details are as follows..

Surrey Rolling Road Ltd
Unit 120
Qinetiq Chobham lane
Surrey
KT16 0EE
http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk

The start time will be 10am

1. clio-girl
2. Matt
3. sideways danny
4. winslowvalver
5. Clio_Squeak
6. lukey boy
7. A18XHO
8. jay s
9. Wobba
10.doublea aaron
11. Gus (sideways dannys mate)
12. Terryc101 (if car is on road by then)
13. Cliolord

Wobba
15-11-2010, 14:20
This will be a very interesting RR for me as it will be after sorting out most of my niggles since receiving the car back from APD, and I suspect the Ktec figure of 165 bhp after mapping was perhaps a bit conservative.

We will see!

Clio-Girl
15-11-2010, 14:30
makes mine and Gaz's conservative as well tbh, not that it matters im not a number chaser, but will be good to see what mine can do on a decent RR and people that know what they are doing (unlike the one we went to last week)

stevie_b
16-11-2010, 22:19
When do you need final numbers by? I'm trying to buy a replacement tow car before then and will trailer it down if I can, as it won't be back on the road by 27th!

Wobba
17-11-2010, 00:16
We want the Stevie to come :)

Laine_16v
17-11-2010, 00:19
More ITB's the merrier ;)

Clio-Girl
17-11-2010, 11:03
we need as many ITB cars as possible this is how i convinced Gaz to bring his along, you know what hes like for a good old bit of N/A power!!

Laine_16v
17-11-2010, 14:29
Gaz is to ITB's, as a Tramp is to Chips. :lol:

Wobba
17-11-2010, 14:39
we need as many ITB cars as possible this is how i convinced Gaz to bring his along, you know what hes like for a good old bit of N/A power!!

Well mines pulling like a good'un at the moment, so I am hoping on making mincemeat of the relatively low figures I got at Ktec, despite slightly compromising my exhaust with a smaller bore.

Laine_16v
17-11-2010, 14:47
I think ill be lucky to make 180-185 with the road map ill be attending with, but ill be heading down to Ktec in the following weeks for a full map i think.

Wobba
17-11-2010, 15:00
Hopefully I'll tip over 180 this time.

Clio-Girl
17-11-2010, 15:27
Well mines pulling like a good'un at the moment, so I am hoping on making mincemeat of the relatively low figures I got at Ktec, despite slightly compromising my exhaust with a smaller bore.

mine (apart from this horrid bogging down misfirey thingy, which Danny has said he will try and diagnose at the RR) is really good as well, im not fussed about improving my figures compared to the k-tec but if yours are higer wobba then so will mine and Gaz's be :D

midge
17-11-2010, 15:49
Ronnee what did yours and gaz's make at k-tec?
tbh i'd be hoping for around 190 in mine
or 155 in the naples hybrid (meg b/e valver head, supersrint, stock williams ecu)

Clio-Girl
17-11-2010, 15:52
mine made 216bhp and Gaz's after his remap 2 weeks ago is now on 218bhp, damn him!

but K-tecs rollers are quite suspicious, even Andy says that hes convinced they under read. mine made 224bhp on another RR day the other week.

Wobba
18-11-2010, 13:05
Ronnee what did yours and gaz's make at k-tec?
tbh i'd be hoping for around 190 in mine
or 155 in the naples hybrid (meg b/e valver head, supersrint, stock williams ecu)

You are probably about bang on there with your expectations. Mine was 152 with almost same spec BEFORE ITB's and cams and headwork and manifold swap.

Ronee thats not a huge difference in power for two different dyno's.

Only a week to go! :D

zmaster2k
19-11-2010, 00:40
mine made 216bhp and Gaz's after his remap 2 weeks ago is now on 218bhp, damn him!

but K-tecs rollers are quite suspicious, even Andy says that hes convinced they under read. mine made 224bhp on another RR day the other week.

224ftw! sounded epic aswell!

still you didnt generate wheelspin on the rollers though did ya...gaz did lol

Clio-Girl
19-11-2010, 10:13
Grrrrrr he has more torque than me :evil:

and anyway you saw how hard the incompetant retards strapped my little baby down :cry:

zmaster2k
19-11-2010, 12:55
:P 176 im still happy even though my car now dossnt work lol!

cliolord
19-11-2010, 22:05
Gaz is to ITB's, as a Tramp is to Chips. :lol:

You know me too well :lol:

stevie_b
25-11-2010, 17:18
No luck with buying a replacement tow car yet (the ones I have viewed have not been mint enough for me :cry:) so I have been looking into hiring something. The only thing I can currently manage to hire locally with a tow bar is a tipper truck! Since this costs quite a lot more to hire per day than a regular transit that I was hoping for I can't really justify hiring it for any more than the one calendar day (I was hoping to collect it the previous evening and load up, ready to hit the road early on Sat). I can't pick it up until 8:30am, by the time I get the paperwork done and hit the road and then drive back to my house to hook up the trailer it will be gone 9, and then I have a 2.5 hour drive down to the rolling road place, so don't really think I will get there any earlier than about 11:30am or midday. How long into the afternoon is the event likely to run?

If anyone needs a few tonnes of sand shifting in the Surrey area on Saturday then give me a shout :lol:

Wobba
25-11-2010, 17:34
No luck with buying a replacement tow car yet (the ones I have viewed have not been mint enough for me :cry:) so I have been looking into hiring something. The only thing I can currently manage to hire locally with a tow bar is a tipper truck! Since this costs quite a lot more to hire per day than a regular transit that I was hoping for I can't really justify hiring it for any more than the one calendar day (I was hoping to collect it the previous evening and load up, ready to hit the road early on Sat). I can't pick it up until 8:30am, by the time I get the paperwork done and hit the road and then drive back to my house to hook up the trailer it will be gone 9, and then I have a 2.5 hour drive down to the rolling road place, so don't really think I will get there any earlier than about 11:30am or midday. How long into the afternoon is the event likely to run?

If anyone needs a few tonnes of sand shifting in the Surrey area on Saturday then give me a shout :lol:

That's an epic effort Stevie mate. Don't kill yourself just to get the car there, there will be other events next year I am sure and your car will be fully ready by then!

Still, if you can work out a way to make it there, would be awesome.

Clio-Girl
25-11-2010, 17:41
that is dedication to the cause i must say!

i would imagine with about 20 cars attending that this event will run well into the afternoon. Beanie is planning to come but cant get there till 2pm as well.

are we hitting the a pub for a drink after?

sideways danny
25-11-2010, 18:58
most of the events there that i've been to have gone on til 4ish

20-25 cars is a lot to get through!

There's a couple of decent pubs not too far away, and a chinese that i went to with sxoc a few years ago, and the amount of sake drunk kind of triggered a bit of a food fight. LOL

stevie_b
26-11-2010, 12:35
Tipper truck now booked :lol: Hope to be there to see you all just before lunchtime then (is there anywhere nearby for grub, or do I need to bring something down with me?). Is the RR place inside the perimeter of Longcross then - I did some racing there a few years ago so should hopefully recognise my way around when I get close. Do you have to give your names at the checkpoint barrier, or am I not going in through that bit?

stevie_b
26-11-2010, 12:39
Oh, and do I need to call SRR to book my session, or are you our group organiser Ronnee?

Clio-Girl
26-11-2010, 12:50
as far as im aware its just turn up and pay on the day, no organise slots or anything so i wouldnt worry too much :)

anyway im sure wobba will take up a large stint on the rollers with his tinkering, so im sure he can drag it out as long as nessessary!!

stevie_b
26-11-2010, 12:56
No, tbh I was more worried I get all the way down there and find it is fully booked or something and I don't get a run. If any one of the 'early birds' from here could stick my name down against an afternoon slot if it looks like it is going to fill up and I have not got there yet that would be much appreciated!

Clio-Girl
26-11-2010, 13:11
its fine they will run a max 25 cars on the day and we have 20 on the list, im sure a couple of 'no shows' will happen.

sideways danny
26-11-2010, 15:03
Tipper truck now booked :lol: Hope to be there to see you all just before lunchtime then (is there anywhere nearby for grub, or do I need to bring something down with me?). Is the RR place inside the perimeter of Longcross then - I did some racing there a few years ago so should hopefully recognise my way around when I get close. Do you have to give your names at the checkpoint barrier, or am I not going in through that bit?

SRR is just inside the front gate of the longcross Quinetic site (formerly DERA)

cars have to be parked outside the main gate as i believe there's a 3 or 4 car limit at a time that can be at the rollers. But it's only a 1 minute walk away. They dont take names at the gate, but they will watch where people go quite carefully.

Basically, park car, walk in front gate, turn right, and the dyno building is ahead of you.

Best to bring cash with you as it saves a lot of faffing about and gets cars turned around quicker

LEIGH-ANNE
26-11-2010, 16:00
Im not going now.sorry

Wobba
26-11-2010, 17:39
Im not going now.sorry

pfft!

LEIGH-ANNE
26-11-2010, 17:42
Im not going now.sorry

pfft!

YUP

Wobba
27-11-2010, 22:21
Awesome day. Thanks for organising Ronee! Bloody cold though lol.

Some great figures there, shame none of them were mine.

cliolord
28-11-2010, 00:27
no worries, i love my 'clio' days out in the cold :lol:

il do another when your car is all better Wobba!

cliolord
28-11-2010, 00:28
damn it signed in on Gaz's account.. doh!

Wobba
28-11-2010, 00:48
damn it signed in on Gaz's account.. doh!

NOOB ALERT lol :D

Aye, was good funs :p