PDA

View Full Version : Worthy of restoration?

Dunc
06-11-2010, 10:44
Picked my Williams 1 up in April this year as i had cash burning a whole in my pocket and tbh, the car came at a very good price.

Now, i was only ment to be keeping it for a month or two to tart up and sell on, but tbh, its a bloody good car and now ive ended up using it as my runabout (have a van for work, and we use the gf's car other times) so mileage isn't rocketing up at all. Think ive done 2000 miles since april and that includes 3 trips away lol!

So, basicly im thinking of restoring it, or at least getting it pretty mint (but still usable) but just wanted to see what u guys think.

Its got both sets of original keys, quite a bit of history, original renault books etc, williams 1 brochure, has original dealer plates and dealer rear window sticker, all original glass (non ever been smashed), 113k on the clocks, 6 owners, solid underneath.

What you think? a good one to restore? It's No.106 if thats any help lol!

Dunc

snowman
06-11-2010, 10:57
:shock: Dunc in 'Keeps Car' shocker :shock:

Dunc
06-11-2010, 11:29
:shock: Dunc in 'Keeps Car' shocker :shock:

hehe! yeah i know! It sits nicely along sinde my 2.0 turbo uno project! Plus i fancy another car but don't want to sell the williams.......but then again, everything has a price!

tbh, i enjoy driving the williams and i like the fact its a 1! if it was a 2 or 3 i don't think id be as fussed! im ghey like that and love my little plaque on the dash lol

Dunc

fab
06-11-2010, 12:00
uno turbo..bit of craic there:-) there is a new uno coming out from fiat soon.

anyways about the 1.in my view they are all worthy of restoration 1,2,3 as they all drive the same, it just depends whether you have the head and the heart for it.

there is no monetary value on a williams at this time. you will spend more than they are worth:wink:

theweekendhaslanded
08-11-2010, 12:03
Stop messing about and get the fecker restored!! Or swap with me for a Willy 3 and I will restore the 1 instead!!

robi1000
08-11-2010, 15:55
Definitely restore it!!!

fab
08-11-2010, 19:02
restore it cause today I broke number 191! :twisted: :lol:

talkingfish
08-11-2010, 20:15
deffo restore it - it seemed a sound enough car when I saw it in the summer.... you are welcome to have a prod and poke round mine anytime!