PDA

View Full Version : hybrid gone bad

neme
02-08-2005, 22:50
:(

my willy hybrid's gearbox has gone up the spout ! Gutted as i cant afford to fix this so its up for sale in the sale section . i know some peeps have gearboxs laying around so this would be ideal .

my box has cracked bell housing so its not holding oil.

short term willy thrils there :(

steve.

Rich
02-08-2005, 23:43
gutted for you mate! had a shit car day too :(

Martin
02-08-2005, 23:46
Should be able to pick up a 16v box cheaply enough surely seems a shame to get rid!?

snakeylady
03-08-2005, 08:46
really sorry to hear about the car- are you sure you can't lay your hands on a gearbox - may be able to sort out someone to help put it in at cheap rate for you if it's not too muchg of a pig to do?

neme
03-08-2005, 19:34
thanx guys , is a shame as its been a dream of a car . However i have been thinking today that if i can find a gearbox then i will prob sort it .
any one know of any on here ? im going to search the local scrappies too. According to my local its a ten hour job to swap a gearbox. Anyone tried it themselves ?

fingers crossed :)

steve.

edde
03-08-2005, 19:49
thanx guys , is a shame as its been a dream of a car . However i have been thinking today that if i can find a gearbox then i will prob sort it .
any one know of any on here ? im going to search the local scrappies too. According to my local its a ten hour job to swap a gearbox. Anyone tried it themselves ?

fingers crossed :)

steve.
I recon you could do it in 8 hrs or so.
I've seen the box removed and a new clutch installed in 8hrs so I cannot se why removing the box should be any more difficult.
I'd be tempted to stick a 16V box in personally here cheaper and not bad unless you hammer them.

matty
03-08-2005, 20:51
One on ebay.

Lunner
03-08-2005, 21:05
Try infinicar, down by maiden head, or first call renault over by southend, both should be on yell.com