PDA

View Full Version : Gaz Coil over issues

andyrg
16-10-2010, 21:15
Gaz Golds, Fully Adjustable.\

With the spring off should the damper push down and them return up?

Mine simple push too the floor and thats it, push down pretty eary with it on hard too?

Any issues with these.

There Williams fitment

stevie_b
16-10-2010, 23:06
Can't promise that yours are all fine but it is normal that they do not return up without the spring - they are just to damp movement. The hardness will depend how fast you try to move them. Whilst you say that they are easy to move they don't go from top to bottom easily in no time do they? If they did then that would indicate a problem.

Evogone
17-10-2010, 07:00
Only gas shocks return like Bilsteins, LEDA and GAZ Golds (same) are oil so wont return.

andyrg
17-10-2010, 09:55
if i set to hard its hard to pull back up but id say not all that hard to push down, Oh man, Ill do my last track day and send them to GAz to be checked over :)

Evogone
17-10-2010, 10:55
if i set to hard its hard to pull back up but id say not all that hard to push down, Oh man, Ill do my last track day and send them to GAz to be checked over :)

Its easier to push down than back up just because its awkward to get a grip and get the same force when pull them back up. If the cars handling OK then i would say the shock were OK. Koni's and others are the same.

andyrg
17-10-2010, 21:47
thanks a million lads :)