PDA

View Full Version : the worst day of my life!

Rich
02-08-2005, 18:10
just been to pick up my valver from leeds, needed rad changing which i did up there and sounded a little rough as there is oil down number 4 (nothing a new rocker cover gasket wouldnt sort!) so took it for £600 sold as seen (needs a bit of bodywork attention) anyway sets off to find idle control valve is ****ed, no problem i have a spare! got to the lights and it dies, wouldnt turn over. after a few minutes ****ing about phoned the bloke to gimmie a jump start, turns up and it still wont have it so we tried to tow it comes to pull off and tow eye snaps clean off bringing the bumper with it! so then we ****ed about and realised it was a dodgy negative terminal connection, fixed that and set off back to the garage to fix the bumper back on for the drive home, got halfway back there and it just locks the wheels up!
thought the oil dials weren't working so oil pressure would not read properly (dash out and re-connect jobby) at this point i found out the guages were working but there was no oil pressue, the end result....you guessed it siezed bottom end! so we try to tow it back to garage again using 2nd tow eye, set of uphill and the other eye snaps too :x so end up tieing round the subframe to get it back to the garage its now half 3 and i was at the garage for half 9!
spoke to the guy and we agreed for him to pay for the recovery truck home (£100 bill) so now i have to wait for a friend to pick the car up form sheffield and take it to lincoln to put my other engine in from the scrapped valver conversion (hopefully this weekend gotta pay for a new oil pump @ £110 (richy the legend for getting it me) and no car for a week! what a shit day! grrrr i ****ing hate renaults!

Zollo
02-08-2005, 18:19
:shock:

God, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Reminded me of the day I picked my car up (ICV made it cut out, starter motor wouldn't let it start again!), but it wasn't quite that bad :?

Good luck!

Martin
02-08-2005, 18:23
foook, seems like you get what you pay for!

big hp
02-08-2005, 18:24
Feel for you mate.

Think i'd of chinned the bloke who sold, sorry, stitched me up.

Rich
02-08-2005, 18:30
tbh he did all he could, he was selling it for next doors yard (good friends but only sell newer cars)

its not a case of getting what you pay for to be fair as thats v.harsh, yeah you expect things to be wrong but not no oil pressure!

Martin
02-08-2005, 18:32
yeah well I spose you should have only paid 50 quid it was gonna go that wrong!

Rich
02-08-2005, 18:33
yeah true, but the bright side (if there is one) is that i have another engine with fully rebuilt head to go straight in with a new oil pump, just really pissed off tbh that it has happened.

glad i didnt make it to the motorway though

richy
02-08-2005, 18:51
dont worry mate u have another lump already to fit!

(my spelling is crap had to correct that lot^^)

Jamie.
02-08-2005, 18:58
dont listen to all these ppl slating the car fella........u have new engine and loadsa bits and pieces ready to go in. u also have the expertise and the ppl around u to fix wahtever needs fixing, im sure that in a few weeks it will be running well.

Rich
02-08-2005, 19:01
cheers mate, at least there are a few positive people on here! some have been reading CS posts too much i think!

2 live
02-08-2005, 20:21
unlucky mate.....get the new lump in, an itl be rite lol

VIPERONE
02-08-2005, 20:26
i'd have arrested him on the spot for obtaining money by deception.. ie he has deceived you into buying a faulty car

2 live
02-08-2005, 20:30
now thats a point....consumers rights .......arent all things sold to be in working order??

unless sorted out and advised beforehand..i.e spares or repair, good runner etc

i wouldnt have been very happy tbh....but 600 for a valver.....bargain really......but like someone else said......u pay cheapy money, usually for a reason.

Rich
02-08-2005, 21:01
i'd have arrested him on the spot for obtaining money by deception.. ie he has deceived you into buying a faulty car
god damn i need you to come car shopping next time gunner!

Rich
02-08-2005, 21:03
i wouldnt have been very happy tbh....but 600 for a valver.....bargain really......but like someone else said......u pay cheapy money, usually for a reason.

i know like i was sayin there are a few things that need doing which i knew about, but it should at least get you home! the oil pump aint exactly that easy to spot if you've never had one go before!

Lunner
02-08-2005, 23:27
Bit like my car, brought it and got it home, nexty day looked and it was leaking gearbox oil, was assured that ti hadn't done it before etc etc.

Ened up wiht a new gearbox casing, cluthc, cluthc cable,a d a bill for over a grand.

But was all worth it in the end

Rich
02-08-2005, 23:31
aye, least all i'm spending is the money on a new oil pump out of choice just to be safe