PDA

View Full Version : ARB bushes shot. OE or Powerflex replacements?

stevie_b
11-10-2010, 08:17
Amongst other problems with my new Williams I am not happy with the directness of the front end. The ARB bushes certainly seem well past their best, with cracks in the rubber. If I replace these am I better off going for OE bushes (Do Renault still sell these? Do GSF do a set as I presume they would be half the price there) or do I fit the Powerflex set which should last longer and remove further slack from the system?

snowman
11-10-2010, 09:26
Up to you really,ive fitted Powerflex but as this is my first experience with them cant tell you if theyre better than O.E for performance,the rubber compound is certainly better but they come at a price. Renault will still stock them as do GSF but you can also get them on ebay as i seen some on there only yesterday.

schakal
11-10-2010, 11:01
i find poly bushes to be very noisy and annoying :x

cliokiz
11-10-2010, 13:01
Fitted front polybushes to my hybrid.

Didn't notice a difference at all.

I'd just get OE. Plus polybushes are a nightmare to fit on the ARB.

Where's the cheapest place for OE replacements?

Wobba
11-10-2010, 13:21
They are a bitch when fitting the inner ARB bushes with the subframe on the car, but I did it after much swearing.

I think every little helps. Mine make no noise and I noticed no increase in vibration.

stevie_b
11-10-2010, 16:53
OK, thanks, assuming no increase in noise then I may as well fit the Powerflex ones. I remember when I fitted them to the track car (not driven it since though!) they were quite tricky to get fitted, and that was with the subframe off the car! Still, if its possible then I'll try it with the subframe on.