PDA

View Full Version : saggy parcel shelf

jamiecrookston83
26-09-2010, 19:36
Has anyone ever tried to sort one? Is it possible?

fab
26-09-2010, 20:36
hi, kinda is. depends how bad its got. I stitched mine were it had started to peel apart and took off the suit carrier to take some weight off it when its resting down in position.
i'm sure if you come across a good upholsterer they will be able to make it look brand new again.

Purple
27-09-2010, 02:06
I stuck some popsicle sticks into both ends of the metal pipe under the shelf. The popsicle sticks extend the reach of the pipe. Then using a few cable ties, fastened the sticks to the shelf. Making 2 small holes through the shelf per cable ties. Quite inconspicuous and has not sagged for a long, long time.

jamiecrookston83
27-09-2010, 17:02
I stuck some popsicle sticks into both ends of the metal pipe under the shelf. The popsicle sticks extend the reach of the pipe. Then using a few cable ties, fastened the sticks to the shelf. Making 2 small holes through the shelf per cable ties. Quite inconspicuous and has not sagged for a long, long time.

Think I might give it a go. Sounds a good idea!

cliobilly
27-09-2010, 17:26
just buy some grp resin and apply it to the underneath then spray the whole thing with matt black if its neat you wont see it atall at wont ever sag again.

jamiecrookston83
27-09-2010, 21:47
just buy some grp resin and apply it to the underneath then spray the whole thing with matt black if its neat you wont see it atall at wont ever sag again.

Where can I buy this?

Jamie