PDA

View Full Version : Glanza V Kills Clio's (Even The Real One's)

GeeUK
01-08-2005, 23:08
I might not have a Clio anymore, but I still go on all the runs!
Anyway, we went from York to Bridlington.

Check my little black Starbo (Glanza V Turbo) make mince meat of all the Clio's :twisted:

Sorry about the quality, isnt me recording....watch me fly by....

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=brid

BenR
02-08-2005, 00:03
how on earth did you fit that all into 10mb!?

Matt Wills
02-08-2005, 00:11

Check my little black Starbo (Glanza V Turbo) make mince meat of all the Clio's :twisted:

I raced on of these at Santa Pod and maybe he left the handbrake on because it was slow.

:D

gtbloke
02-08-2005, 10:12
Trouble with glanza/starlets's is their fekkin mingin ugly cars....i will keep my slow clio thanks :)

J o n
02-08-2005, 10:22
will have a watch of this later. have you had any comparisons with any quick 1.8 or 2.0 Clio's Gee, what's it compare like?

NaplesValver
02-08-2005, 11:16
Nice bit of pink floyd on the end of that vid mate.

some good footage, nice one.

-->NV

Martin
02-08-2005, 14:29
Obviously not as hardcore as the n/w run! :wink:

2 live
02-08-2005, 20:35
but its 172 and 182s...i could beat them on foot lol :lol: :wink:

JonnyK
04-08-2005, 14:20
my mate picks up his modded glanza on tuesday, i will try to get some vids up of some comparisons if u'd like?

john

GeeUK
07-08-2005, 11:29
Didnt get to do too much comparisons due to the 182's having female passengers!

And the Glanza from the front is far from ugly, dont know what Glanza's you have looked at. They could be improved from the back I suppose.

And depending on what mods your mate Glanza has, it will fly.

1.full exhaust+manifold
2.front mount intercooler + aftermarket bov
3.hks actuator
4.upgraded fuel pump and SARD fuel pressure regulator
5.greddy boost cut controller.

Set boost to 0,9-1.0 bar and you'll be around 180-190 hp on the flywheel.

And this is a car that weights F all remember.

The above doesnt cost much at all in terms of tuning either.

GeeUK
07-08-2005, 11:30

I raced on of these at Santa Pod and maybe he left the handbrake on because it was slow.

:D

Think you might of raced an SR mate, 1.3 N/A!

Whatever you say thou, its clear from the vid my car aint slow.

VIPERONE
07-08-2005, 13:13
come on one of our meets...lol

tbh though if all takeaways had your car, my curry would be here 10 mins earlier,.

JonnyK
09-08-2005, 13:05
my mate gets his glanza today and i will get some vids.

his mods include

FCD
HKS SSQ
full boost in 1st and 2nd gear
blitz NUR spec exhaust
Blitz induction kit
and the boost has been raised a tad,

i personally reckon he will get smoked!, as my car is running awesome at the mo! apart from the fact i have no power steering lol!

Chris n`nic
09-08-2005, 15:30
Why full boost in 1st and 2nd? Surely it would be better having less boost in 1st and 2nd?

Chris

JonnyK
10-08-2005, 01:53
they are limited in 1st and 2nd dunno ..

anyways, cut a long story short.
very quick car!

not quick enough tho :wink:

beat it by 1.5 car lengths!

clio 3 Glanza 0!

clowo16v
10-08-2005, 15:26
When the last gearbox went in the Valver I was thinking of selling it and buying a Glanza, as the insurance is cheaper. However, standard the Valver pisses all over them, and the insurers added a grand on with all those mods you listed to make them fast. They're bloody ugly aswell back and front.

See ya

Matt

GeeUK
12-08-2005, 00:19

very quick car!

clio 3 Glanza 0!

Once you reach top end speeds of course you will win, its the deplacement, 1.3 to 2.0

Either way, my insurance is cheaper than a Willy and the tuning potential is there, thats why i bought it.

BTW, I've been on a run with the Willy boys already, will be at the Northys area run too, but car is running more or less standard at the moment.

Anyway, wheres the love, why u all hating my Jap crap?

JonnyK
12-08-2005, 01:12

very quick car!

clio 3 Glanza 0!

Once you reach top end speeds of course you will win, its the deplacement, 1.3 to 2.0

Either way, my insurance is cheaper than a Willy and the tuning potential is there, thats why i bought it.

BTW, I've been on a run with the Willy boys already, will be at the Northys area run too, but car is running more or less standard at the moment.

Actually his is quicker top end! mine tops out at 135mph and his does 150!

mine is definatley quicker in all gears tho, but its a VERY nice clean car, let me drive it too, first go of a turbod car and i loved it!

tho i find it funny, slowing down so he is off boost then flooring it lol, it annoys him so much LOL

Andy
12-08-2005, 07:26
from whati remember from the last meet it was farley rapid not s quick as my freak

probaly because that dump valve wqas doing my tits in .... :x

GeeUK
12-08-2005, 18:25

very quick car!

clio 3 Glanza 0!

Actually his is quicker top end! mine tops out at 135mph and his does 150!

mine is definatley quicker in all gears tho, but its a VERY nice clean car, let me drive it too, first go of a turbod car and i loved it!

tho i find it funny, slowing down so he is off boost then flooring it lol, it annoys him so much LOL

Cool. Send us some pic's if you ever get hold of any, cheers.

JonnyK
14-08-2005, 21:03
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/JonnyClio/glanza1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/JonnyClio/glanza2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/JonnyClio/glanza3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/JonnyClio/glanza4.jpg

as requested...

Martin
14-08-2005, 21:14
I quite like that actually....sl@gtastic

Jamie.
14-08-2005, 21:29
that glanza is actually quite nice! i dont know anything abt them, what engine are they, spec? are they the same as the starlet 1.3 turbo?

JonnyK
14-08-2005, 22:25
yup, just 100 kg heavier

GeeUK
18-08-2005, 00:21
Mint that is.

Ive got my sideskirts on now, my gauges fitted, my rising rate fuel pressure regulator has arrived, my coilovers come next month, got my de-cat done Saturday just gone and I ordered a HKS actuator upgrade kit, boost controller and turbo timer today.

Will then be getting all of it fitted and rolling road tuned. HEE HEE.

GeeUK
18-08-2005, 00:21
yup, just 100 kg heavier

Stripped mine and the turbo in the Glanza's have one extra blade within the turbo so they spool up faster, therefore kinda equals out the weight difference.

KingStromba
18-08-2005, 00:28
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/King_Stromba/curry.jpg

[/img]

GeeUK
18-08-2005, 00:35
Does that mean u think that Glanza is 'shit hot'? :?:

KingStromba
18-08-2005, 01:04
No, i was placing an order

GeeUK
18-08-2005, 18:18
Oh right, well I dont get ur joke.

KingStromba
18-08-2005, 18:28
Saw the car pic and thought you delivered curry, sorry my mistake.

J o n
18-08-2005, 18:38
stop picking on the lad, it looks nice that. Gee, cant wait to see this thing at Donny mate :D

KingStromba
18-08-2005, 18:44
Well an agressive title like 'glanza kills clios' on a clio forum deserves some banter thrown his way IMO. :wink:

GeeUK
18-08-2005, 22:36
Well an agressive title like 'glanza kills clios' on a clio forum deserves some banter thrown his way IMO. :wink:

No hard feelings, I really didnt get your joke and I still dont, nevermind. People 'dissing' my car on forums doesnt really bother me, had it before. But I surprise alot of people in it everday, its a right little sleeper, even more so once I get my mods, but we are all open to our own opinions.

Jesus - You WILL see it run the Q mile once all my mods are on and its rolling roaded. BTW, you coming on the Northy Area run? Doesnt seem like many have put their names down? I was hoping to have my coilovers on for this run, but they have been delayed :cry:

KingStromba
18-08-2005, 23:52
So you never heard toymotor cars being called curry delivery cars? :roll:

Youngsters today

J o n
19-08-2005, 00:08
not sure Gee, I think I may do... if i go we'll have a play and see this beasty in action :)

not had chance to compare with any of the other Clio's yet either... decats started blowing again too, but it still seems quick enough :twisted:

GeeUK
19-08-2005, 18:35
not sure Gee, I think I may do... if i go we'll have a play and see this beasty in action :)

not had chance to compare with any of the other Clio's yet either... decats started blowing again too, but it still seems quick enough :twisted:

Hmmm, with my 'few' mods at the mo, ur motor will still eat my Glanza I reckon at the moment. Still, no harm in a comparison is there.

GeeUK
04-09-2005, 15:01
There doesnt seem to be a 'other marques' part of the forum, so I thought I would post here what my latest developments are on the car for those interested. (copied from another site and pasted)

Cosmetic

sh*tty sideskirts swapped for standard skirts
Backs seat and spare wheel gone
Nardi steering wheel
Razo pedals
Razo gear knob
Buddy Club P1 Racing II Plus rims (waiting to go on)

Engine And Suspension

D2 coilovers (currently on the boat on their way!)
HKS fuel cut defencer
HKS dump valve
HKS air filter
HKS actuator
SARD rising rate fuel pressure regulator
Full exhaust system + decat
Greddy PROfec B Spec II boost controller

Others

Greddy turbo timer
Oil temp gauge
Air to fuel ratio gauge
Boost gauge

Future

Front mount intercooler hopefully next month
Bucket seats
Maybe tints

And then who knows!

I should be booked in early next week to get everything set up properly and tuned on the rolling road, so I might have low boost set as 12-13psi and 15psi (1bar) for high boost setting for when I wanna show some scoobies etc up :twisted:

Glanza's weigh very little you it should fly once rolling roaded. What BHP am I expecting? I wouldnt like to say :wink: , but I will have the print outs scanned and uploaded.

Updated pictures soon.

Gee.

Martin
04-09-2005, 17:04
pics once you've got rims/coilovers!

GeeUK
04-09-2005, 18:23
Yeah deffo.

Here are a few pic's anyway

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/MyStarbo21.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/MyStarbo20.jpg

TriO`
04-09-2005, 19:31
looks fooking mean at the front!! i like it :D

GeeUK
04-09-2005, 23:09
Cheers Trio

JonnyK
05-09-2005, 00:30
Gee, do you know Addaman who posts on some of the Toyota forums? he is my mate and my car beats his, just. only a car length in it.

is you glanza higher spec than his?

GeeUK
05-09-2005, 19:31
Hi Jonny.

Not sure, checked his profile and his mods are not listed.

He based in Kent yes?

BTW, car is booked in for a rolling road tune session on Wednesday.

GeeUK
05-09-2005, 21:50
Can somebody please advice if you are welcome on this site if you dont drive a Williams Clio, because this is getting daft now.

clowo16v
05-09-2005, 22:13
Its just harmless piss taking mate. Surely you've heard it all before? lol.

Looks good though. It's one of the decent looking versions (not sure which year). I thought it'd be one of those that looks like a granny wagon.

See ya

Matt

Martin
05-09-2005, 22:24
You're welcome mate....just bring one balti, a chicken korma and lamb rogan josh! :wink: sorry could'nt resist!

clowo16v
05-09-2005, 22:39
Do you de liver?

No we do lamb chicken and fish.

:lol:

See ya

Matt

JonnyK
05-09-2005, 22:39
Hi Jonny.

Not sure, checked his profile and his mods are not listed.

He based in Kent yes?

BTW, car is booked in for a rolling road tune session on Wednesday.

he is in gravesend, kent, same as me,

he has derestricted boost in 1st and 2nd, HKS SSQV, 1Bar boost, blitz cat back exhaust, removed A/C and a blitz air filter..

not to mention some tasty Evo 5 seats in the front!

simonturbo
06-09-2005, 18:13
he has derestricted boost in 1st and 2nd, HKS SSQV, 1Bar boost, blitz cat back exhaust, removed A/C and a blitz air filter..

not to mention some tasty Evo 5 seats in the front!

So he's unplugged the boost solonoid, has a sneaze conversion and is running it lean.....must be quick! :roll: :lol:

OneEyedWilly
06-09-2005, 18:39
What exactly is that video supposed to prove? Apart from the fact your car can overtake Clios when they are slowing down :?

MrAtego
06-09-2005, 18:51
Can somebody please advice if you are welcome on this site if you dont drive a Williams Clio, because this is getting daft now.

Course your welcome pal, think its what some people call friendly banter, just ignore it :)

NickFr
06-09-2005, 20:58

You have got a nice car.....grow some thicker skin....of course your welcome :wink:

GeeUK
06-09-2005, 21:03
What exactly is that video supposed to prove? Apart from the fact your car can overtake Clios when they are slowing down :?

Oh for **** sakes. This thread was a joke, I really wasnt saying 'my car is faster than yours'

Justin..
06-09-2005, 21:25
Glanza V's are nice, i dont like the rear end to much tho, looks a bit like a micra to me (the old one)

Gav
06-09-2005, 22:49
kinda looks like a corsa sri

mon
07-09-2005, 00:00
i i could see was driving fast down a rd .. also who was the one in front driving like a maggot the other car coming towards him had to bump up the grass verg..

mmm good driving

GeeUK
07-09-2005, 07:02
i i could see was driving fast down a rd .. also who was the one in front driving like a maggot the other car coming towards him had to bump up the grass verg..

mmm good driving

:roll: *Yawn*

I doubt very much your comments would be of the same nature if I drove a Williams. I did actually own a Clio before my Glanza.

If you read my post above, you would of realised that this post wasnt a serious 'my car is faster than yours' thread. Maybe the thread name should be changed.

VIPERONE
07-09-2005, 07:15
well go post your pix on the glanza forums.

mon
07-09-2005, 19:32
nothing to do with wot car you have the glazer or WILLIAMS OR 16V if you drive like that your a maggot..

Justin..
07-09-2005, 19:33
nothing to do with wot car you have the glazer or WILLIAMS OR 16V if you drive like that your a maggot..

pmsl :lol:

GeeUK
07-09-2005, 20:20

pmsl :lol:

Really? My over taking was safe, no my fault people pulled out in front of me. You not been on a run with the Clio boys? Ha ha, seen worse than that mate. But why you jumping on the band wagon?

Anyway, for those interested:

OK, went to get it tuned on rolling road today. Unfortunately they do not set up boost controllers, so I am running standard boost off the actuator only at 13psi.

Was running a bit rich top end, but my front mount intercooler will level that out. So....the result? 160bhp more or less. Car only weights about 920kg? I have stripped it including spare wheels and backseats, so weight a little less now.

Anyway, see below for the result.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/img003.jpg

Justin..
07-09-2005, 20:23
:-k

GeeUK
07-09-2005, 20:30
Whats wrong with ur chin?

Zollo
07-09-2005, 21:01
8) Nice result mate, should be very rapid once you get your front mounted I/C and boost levels tweeked.

BTW - you've got to expect a little stick. But instead of complaining, just give it back :wink:

simonturbo
07-09-2005, 21:36
To be fair, i had a look at the vid and it looks like that car on the other side is parked on the verge and not moving/taking evasive action. Bit of a tight squeeze tho Gee!! :lol:

Are any of you Williams owners local to south/surrey - would be nice to have a comparison/deathing/toasting session.....I have many folks that would be interested comparing in different marques.

Zollo
07-09-2005, 21:39
I live in Southampton. You come to me and you're more than welcome to give me a toasting (mines completely standard) :D

GeeUK
07-09-2005, 21:52
Yeah Simon the car is parked.

Zollo, thanks for the comments. I can take the stick, its just that once one has ago, others feel the need to too. Dont see the point of giving it back, dont wanna start a slagging match, I thought this was a car forum?

Im not gonna start slagging of Williams Clio's just becoz people feel the need to slag off my car.

Yeah, a comparison would be fun. Havent really had any proper ones with my car.

Martin
07-09-2005, 22:07
Make the trek to the next n/w meet and I'll give you a do....stnd 2.0 valver :wink:

GeeUK
07-09-2005, 22:17
Make the trek to the next n/w meet and I'll give you a do....stnd 2.0 valver :wink:

Standard you say? Hahaha!

When is the next? Not many turned up to the last eh :wink:

Martin
07-09-2005, 22:25
20th pal see thread in meets..hopefully Paul will bring the ITR down for a doo too..

simonturbo
08-09-2005, 02:53
hmmm.....the North West, bit far to make any Balti deliveries as they tend to get cold, and not to mention it's out of our 5 mile range so it would cost ya-on the plus side you get a free poppadom. Maybe we'l meet one day at santapod? I'm planning on going soon to finish off my gearbox/clutch. Last time i was there it started to give up after the 15th or so run :cry: not too bad on a 70k standard clutch with constant death changes....

northy
08-09-2005, 08:22
Thats a real nice power curve you have there gee.

160at the wheels - running a bit quicker than standard williams like mine (currently 155bhp)

will be good to have a comparrison at the trackday pal... :D

J o n
08-09-2005, 11:23
ignore them Gee, sadly there seems to be a growing hostility to any other car owners, good job you dont still own a MK2 really mate! Figures look impressive and as Northy says, nice solid power and torque curves, cant wait to see it pal as i've not seen you at any meets for a bit... but Northy and Gaz do organise them so they only have to walk... if it's far they dont even turn up in their Williams... so it's not really a Williams meet anyway ;) lol

Justin..
08-09-2005, 16:53
nice power output. 1.3 arent they or is that the older one???

i like glanza V's in white like this

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/justin_2k5/WHITEGLANZAV.jpg

GeeUK
08-09-2005, 20:58
I like them like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/Starbo26.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/Starbo25.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/Starbo24.jpg[/img]

Justin..
08-09-2005, 20:58
SWEEEEEEEEEET

Chris n`nic
08-09-2005, 22:37
Thats a cracking readout Gee m8...get to the NW meet and we can have a play...although surely its 160bhp at the fly not the wheels? Bloody Northy knows nowt when it comes to RR :wink:

Chris

FATBOY
08-09-2005, 22:43
can someone tell me! WTF is a glanza???? never heard of one or seen one for that matter???? some specs please! and who makes it?? FORD???

Justin..
08-09-2005, 22:44
dude its a toyota and the standard one is known as a starlet

GeeUK
09-09-2005, 07:25
There is a Toyota Starlet 1.3 N.A you can get here.

Then there are the Jap imports which are called Starlet GT Turbo. They are 1.3 turbos and weigh under 900kg.

Mine is basically the face lift model which was introduced in 1996. See the pics!

Zollo
09-09-2005, 08:22
I really liked that Starlet spor-thingy that Toyota did a while back. Weedy power, but looked great.

Justin..
10-09-2005, 21:46
the newer starlets look weird i reckon all rounded and shite :roll:

GeeUK
10-09-2005, 23:04
Are you talking about the N/A UK Starlets?

You'll be right saying they do look shit, but I have seen a sweet modded one that looked kinda nice.

Justin..
10-09-2005, 23:05
the newer one looks like a suziki baleno i think

GeeUK
10-09-2005, 23:14
You might want to post a picture?

FATBOY
10-09-2005, 23:24
must admit! i think they look very cool! specially the white one!

Zollo
11-09-2005, 10:56
I really liked that Starlet spor-thingy that Toyota did a while back. Weedy power, but looked great.

You might want to post a picture?

This one - Starlet SR. Speedline alloys I think?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Zollo/Starlet.jpg

GeeUK
11-09-2005, 22:29
Yeah, thats a 1.3 SR I think. Go OK for a 1.3 so Ive been told. Look OK with some nice rims and lowered.

ScottCup
13-09-2005, 19:57
They look shit, and as for the one on the stand its a chav mobile.......

Jamie.
13-09-2005, 20:19

now that is ****ing great! i dont like the huge rear spoiler, but asides from that..... mint. how much do these cars go for? and what regs were they on?

GazTwo
13-09-2005, 20:21
but Northy and Gaz do organise them so they only have to walk... if it's far they dont even turn up in their Williams... so it's not really a Williams meet anyway ;) lol

[-( :-$

Justin..
13-09-2005, 20:28

now that is ****ing great! i dont like the huge rear spoiler, but asides from that..... mint. how much do these cars go for? and what regs were they on?

no idea mate, i see them often in southampton docks. white ones are awseome

Zollo
13-09-2005, 20:54

Is the driver alright? :?

Justin..
13-09-2005, 20:56
hahahahah :roll:

GeeUK
13-09-2005, 21:20
Ive got lots of pic's of diff colours and tastes etc.

If you want to see more, let me know.

They aint chaved up Max Power pictures or anything either.

BTW, mods this month are going to be:

Front mount intercooler
Wastegate bored
Along with manifold, for flow
And up boost to 15psi

Justin..
13-09-2005, 21:21
christ, some one has alot of cash spare . be worth it tho :D

GeeUK
14-09-2005, 19:42
Yeah, will show some twats up who seem to like dissing my curry mobile

:twisted:

Hoping for maybe 180+ and only weighs around 900kg? Happy days eh

Martin
14-09-2005, 19:49
york 25th mate be there...give the beast a run?

GeeUK
14-09-2005, 23:55
Hmm might too, not sure what tyres I will have on and I havent practiced launching the car yet.

robertoc
17-09-2005, 19:25
'kin 'ell Gee they been tearing into you a bit here boyo eh!!!
Got to say i like the white ones! Seen a tidy one at Crail! Nice like! (id still have a punto GT first though - i like Italian!)

GeeUK
17-09-2005, 20:35
Yeah Rob, took it on the chin thou eh.

More mods this month, then we'll see who laughing.

My curries will get there before theirs :twisted:

Justin..
17-09-2005, 23:26
doesnt stuff break alot? 180bhp out of a 1.3 must strain stuff to the max :shock:

Martin
17-09-2005, 23:42
These engines are good for 300+ bhp if you throw enough cash at them....so 180 should'nt make it unreliable.

Justin..
17-09-2005, 23:43
300?? FOOKIN ELL :shock:

GeeUK
18-09-2005, 09:16
Yup, thats right.

If the engine is looked after and serviced etc etc they last for ages! There are people with Starlets that have over 300,000km on the clock!

Check this one that was on Ebay, over 300bhp! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4559654486

TriO`
18-09-2005, 09:31
MAdness :twisted: ... doesn't looks good though imo... paint job n wheels makes it look tacky.

But with 320hp dunno if i'd care :D

GeeUK
18-09-2005, 10:49
Yes I agree, I'm not sure on the paint job and wheels, but it probs wouldnt bother me if I had that power in chassis that weighs under 900kg

Purple
18-09-2005, 11:24
Just curious as to how far the technology on small-engined turbos has advanced since the eighties. I had a 1.3L Uno turbo and it had a very laggy response. At low speed/off-boost, it felt slower than anything on the road, but when the turbo woke up, it felt like a rocket sled. The feeling of acceleration when transitioning from off-boost to full-boost is just unreal. A real jekyll and hyde and that was only 110bhp in about 1000kg. Same goes for a friend's Honda City Turbo II.

Are small-engined turbos a bit more linear these days? If it is still just as mad, that 300bhp Glanza thing would need superhuman reaction and an empty stomach to drive properly.

GeeUK
18-09-2005, 15:03
Take a look at my rolling road print out I posted, nice smooth delivery.

VIPERONE
18-09-2005, 15:52
nice smooth delivery.

thats what i expect from my local curry house.

GeeUK
18-09-2005, 17:27
Me too, but I'm confused as to what relation that has.

Nevermind.

Thanks.