PDA

View Full Version : williams 2 idle problem

dimma
21-09-2010, 09:33
when i start it up it runs fine for a minute or so then it starts to run lumpy and nearly stops then it revs up abit and then nearly stops it does this for around 5 minutes then runs fine.i checked the idle speed sensor and its moving free inside and i changed the lamda sensor a couple of times for some i had laying around and its still the same.anyone know what it could be? i was gona get it put on a computer only problem is shes been of the road for a while and needs moted and taxed.

Wobba
21-09-2010, 09:45
The usual really mate. Check all vacuum hoses, earths (main and speedo), crank sensor, HT leads and dizzy.

Also check the wiring for the ISCV, seen a few which are shorting out where the wires are so old and crap.

dimma
30-09-2010, 14:20
ive done all the checks and changed all the sensors and earthed the earth wires and the problems still there.im gona beat the car with a hammer.

dimma
30-09-2010, 15:42
just noticed that with the engine running when i lift the earth terminal off the battery pole the engine stops as if i swicthed off the ignition.the charge light on the dash goes out when i start it up and doesnt flicker.could the problem be in the altenator?

cliokiz
30-09-2010, 16:01
^ Did you expect it to keep running? :S Where will everything earth to if you remove that?

As for your idle problem, that 100% sounds like a lambda issue. I had this problem, changed lambda and no change.

Eventually i changed the engine wiring loom for another one which i knew worked fine and the problem went away.

I think the lambda wiring was damaged somewhere in the loom.

dimma
30-09-2010, 17:56
i have changed the altenator and now it runs when i take the earth lead off the battery.i have checked the lambda wires and there fine.the car did the rev thing once since i but the altenator on so im gona wait for it to cool down and then see how it goes.

whitneyd
30-09-2010, 19:29
Like you said if the engine is running and you take the earth off it should stay running as long as the alt is charging. If the alt isn't charging it'll die. Usually when the engine idles up and down there is a vacume leak in the map sensor line or the map is bad. Just my 2 cents.

dimma
30-09-2010, 20:39
she is running alot better now altough she does the stally thing abit but when i rev it she runs fine.shes definatly runs better now.i nearly went insane changing the altenator.

whitneyd
30-09-2010, 22:40
Sometimes it best to remove the earth for about 10 mins and then hook it back up and drive it on a motorway at a steady pace for about 10 mins so the ECU can relearn all the perameters. Once again I'm just giving you my input. I know how the internet mechs try to jump on everything.

dimma
01-10-2010, 08:54
i was thinking the same thing that maybe abit of a drive would sort her out now.

scratabout1988
10-02-2011, 14:37
have you found the issue with it for sure then? as mine did this on the way to uni this morning, was really lumpy like on 3 cylinders, then once warmed up ran as normal? :?