PDA

View Full Version : engine out

shag
16-09-2010, 10:14
lifting a f7r out of the car with a scaff bar is so much fun but eeeeeee can i feel it this morning what a laff lol cudnt get a engine hoist so no otha option its out now new clutch in new timing belt kit water pump jus waiting for the gearbox then we can have more fun and put it back in ha saves goin gym for a week or so...

THINGS YOU DO JUS TO GET THE BEAST BACK ON THE ROAD????

fab
16-09-2010, 12:26
:D
been at it ten days myself and feel pain all over, even my teeth hurt :D
but lovin every minute of it. go to bed praying it will be morning again just so i can leg it down to the garage and do some more! myself and my clothes full of grease and oil..the girlfriend reckons i have a new after shave. yeah i said to her it's called ATF!
happy work fella!

shag
16-09-2010, 23:55
its all good fun ha ill be at it meself again in morn around 9ish when iv dropped little girl off at school still got plenty to do paint subframe block and few otha bits!
what you doin to yours timing belt i presume lol
i wanted be back on road for sat but doubt it lookin at what iv got left to do i have get my bonnet repainted as its stone chipped to death not even took it yet eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we get ther eventually
gud luck pal youll be up and runnin b4 you know it
keep smilin all the way to the end :lol: :lol:

wil4s1
17-09-2010, 00:32
has your e key got broken on the keyboard

fab
17-09-2010, 09:08
I'm doing it with engine in..clutch is done and it's well light :wink: working around the belts area is tough but got the water pump done and got the power steering pump reconditioned..much less whining from it. belts are done but didnt bother with the bearing. reason I did the belts cause it's been 5 years since last change not the mileage..it'd only done about 6K in the past 5 years and the bearing was done then.
took the sump off but to be honest was a waste of time as it was totally empty. was expecting to find old oil in it but no, the drain plug does an excellent job. cleaned it up anyhow.

working on an issue with the tappets at the moment. they were well noisey after the engine flush and new filter. should be arriving today a new set.

taking your time is very important, and not over-tightening the nuts and bolts also. clean all earth contact areas well before putting the wiring loom back in place.

again like yourself you find other bits to do like cleaning the engine bay area. mine has a new sub-frame and I've added another 2 coats of paint to it just to preserve it. my bonnet strap was on the way out so ordered a new one from reno.

yesterday i discovered the carbon cannister was busted. so wipped that out and got rid of that AMAZING chunk of iron they have in place to protect it! must weigh 10kg that. i'll use it now for hammering bits against it.

will post some pics when have it all sortedddddddddddddddddddddddd. :lol:

shag
17-09-2010, 10:06
no its not broke wat if it was weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i think your ddddddddddddddddddd is broke aswell pal ere we go again ya post some pics when done pal ill do same had enough time on here best get summat done lol

Geeky
17-09-2010, 15:04
has your e key got broken on the keyboard

No, he's just from Lancashire :)

shag
18-09-2010, 14:15
cant beat lancs bloody belting

Rich
21-09-2010, 16:49
pah, engine out, belts/clutch done and engine back in within 5 hours....... steady away

fab
22-09-2010, 08:13
ah you young studs, when will you's ever learn :roll:
i like to lube mine up, caress it, rub it gently and make it last for days :lol: