PDA

View Full Version : So then Trackdayers

Swervin_Mervin
01-08-2005, 16:42
How do you reckon the 17Poo and 18Poo faired on the day? I don't think I was ever on track at the same time, and never saw them when I wasn't on track.

Anyone have a dabble? Did they get pissed on? Or was it all very even?

Martin
01-08-2005, 16:44
from a great height! :lol:

northy
01-08-2005, 16:47
only had plays with ceradigs 172 throughout the day...and to be fair he was pulling over and letting me past...but the williams attacked the corners better when i was following him.

The slower caterhams were no trouble (the silver and blue ones were faster) martins was quicker out of the corners than me, and the blue new lotus that was running around was overtaken a few times by me on the corners....but u never know how hard the driver is pushing.

HAd a few battles with monkey and martin...but other than that i was passing them.

J o n
01-08-2005, 16:48
from a great height! :lol:

can we also have the opinion from someone whose car wont break the sound barrier and accelerate faster than a fighter jet...

Martin
01-08-2005, 16:52
only had plays with ceradigs 172 throughout the day...and to be fair he was pulling over and letting me past...but the williams attacked the corners better when i was following him.

The slower caterhams were no trouble (the silver and blue ones were faster) martins was quicker out of the corners than me, and the blue new lotus that was running around was overtaken a few times by me on the corners....but u never know how hard the driver is pushing.

HAd a few battles with monkey and martin...but other than that i was passing them.

Aye to be fair I never really had a proper doo with a 172/182 Simon and Ceredig pulled over and let me passed whenever I was behind them. That blue caterham and the Westy were the only things I could'nt outrun that I saw on track.... Where is your footage Riccy?

Swervin_Mervin
01-08-2005, 16:53
Ah. So they could be good cars but their drivers tend to be chicken! :P :wink:

Lunner
01-08-2005, 16:53
I had the red 172 behind me for a fair few laps, i was pulling away through the corners, and he was only catching up towards the end of the straights, by then he had lost his oppertunity, lol

My car as a wee little 110 bhp, adam was also doing very well in his 1.2 against alot of the faster cars

Swervin_Mervin
01-08-2005, 16:54
What's in yours then Lunner? 8v?

FlamingMonkey
01-08-2005, 16:57
To be fair though the Caterhams would rip most cars we went with a new arsehole round the track, Billy wasn't foot to the floor all the time and wasn't pushing it by any means.

Problem is with a Caterhams you've gotta watch out for knobs overtaking on the right hand side :wink:

Lunner
01-08-2005, 17:03
What's in yours then Lunner? 8v?

Aye 1.8 8v, although i think it suited that track, lots of low down torque, ideal for when you are taking the corners at about 3-4k revs and then acclerating out of them

Swervin_Mervin
01-08-2005, 17:05
That uphill climb to the s-bend didn't suit the valver. Either had to waste time dropping to rev the tits off in 2nd or keep it in 3rd and bumble up the hill!

Lunner
01-08-2005, 17:07
I was in 3rd gear from the braking point of the 1st corner, though to the straight down to the hairpin when i had to short shift inot 4th as the rev limiter was about 10 mtrs before my braking point, then down to 2nd for the hairpin, short shift to 3rd for the final bends, then up to 4th again on the straight

Swervin_Mervin
01-08-2005, 17:10
Ah. Same as me then!

northy
01-08-2005, 17:16
3rd all over bar second on the hairpin and 4th to 100 on the straights.

unless i was overtaking then 2nd on the blind left then right.

Winston
01-08-2005, 17:19
Wish there was more to play with TBH :shock:

Lunner
01-08-2005, 18:06
Yup, most of the williams were faster then me, save the odd valver/172 and the AX i was slower then everything else, was fun through the cornewrs, and then i got lost on the straights

Zollo
01-08-2005, 18:17
I was quicker than the red 172, but lapping about the same as the Cup that was there. But that was in my Williams, which was struggling past even the slowest cars on the straight - only hitting 85mph at the end of the main straight. Sooooo painful coming out of the some of the corners in third :x

Same as Northy, third everywhere, apart from forth on the start/finish and second for the hairpin.

Lunner
01-08-2005, 18:18
I was quicker than the red 172, but lapping about the same as the Cup that was there. But that was in my Williams, which was struggling past even the slowest cars on the straight - only hitting 85mph at the end of the main straight. Sooooo painful coming out of the some of the corners in third :x

Same as Northy, third everywhere, apart from forth on the start/finish and second for the hairpin.

Thats where the 8v has the advantage, torque and power is lower down, had almost full power comming outa the corners in 3rd....or maybe i was just taking them faster :twisted:

richy
01-08-2005, 18:45
never got chance against mratego's 182 he was usualy half a lap out of sync lol

i over took the red 172 a few times, but as said he was nice and friendly and just moved over on straights, chased pep's cup for 5-6 laps was sat with him all the time but we then caught that green lotus thing which was blocking the way everytime!

had a laugh with the yellow caterham thing, he had me on straights but managed to stick with him into bends and outbraked him a couple times at hair pin and first corner!

overtook monkey but he did seem slow out of the final corner onto the start straight, thanks for forcing me into the pit exit lol :wink: was expecting a black flag!

was fun had alot more plays with most cars but cant be bothered typing it all down lol

roll on next time

Jan
01-08-2005, 20:04

pmsl - when we were coming out of the radar complex both 'willing' the car to overtake with a rocking motion on a couple of laps :lol:

Zollo
01-08-2005, 20:59
Must get something sorted before Donnington, otherwise those up hill sections are going to be a problem :?

Oh for a fast and smokey car :( :wink:

Jamie.
01-08-2005, 21:04

i think thats pretty impressive as i thought that guy was pretty quick tbh and he had done a fair few track days before.
btw like ya plate zollo, it wud be good if u cud have spaced the 2 apart tho

Zollo
01-08-2005, 21:10
btw like ya plate zollo, it wud be good if u cud have spaced the 2 apart tho

Cheers 8) I've tried that before, but unfortunately the police don't tend to take the same view that it looks better! Had a warning for it once before, so I've legalised it now as they can confiscate the plate if I get another warning :shock: :(

Jan
01-08-2005, 21:12
i only went out with a few people, but zollo was pushing hard and flying around the track - made me shit myself the first couple of laps and then later in the wet :lol:

top driving mate 8)

Zollo
01-08-2005, 21:18
:P