PDA

View Full Version : 2ltr Massive - Am I Missing Something?

u33db
01-08-2005, 16:34
There seems to have been numerous posts about cams lately but from what i understand/have read very few people have headwork on their williams/hybrids - is there a reason for this such as the head being pretty good anyway or it it just a money thing?

Seems odd that poeple in the know would go to the effort of fitting cams and not go for headwork at the same time if they could?

:?

FlamingMonkey
01-08-2005, 16:42
For me was more to the fact Martins old Willy had headwork done at a respectable renault tuners, *cough, cough* and it made **** all difference to it, If I remember correctly, sure Martin will comment.

u33db
01-08-2005, 16:47
Yep his is the only 2ltr that springs to mind (outside Cleans) but I thought it was the BE of that car that had issues giving the low output?

northy
01-08-2005, 16:49
mainly money issues imo mate.

J o n
01-08-2005, 16:53
i've never even considered doing the heads on these cars. after speaking to Clean16v and 2 live they both tell me that theirs no point as the heads flow very well on them as standard. Cleans bodied beast is the only one I know of that has and needs it... oh and Martins old one, but TBH i cant see it making any difference on a standard or even cam'd car, i believe we'd have seen more of them if that was the case. I could well be wrong, which would be good as flowed head always sounds good on your spec list!

Tommo
01-08-2005, 17:11
Mine's had head work and been cam'd, can't say how much of a diff it makes tho as I've never been in another unmodified williams. Would be interesting to drive one tho to see how much of a difference these mods make to the cars performance

Martin
01-08-2005, 17:35
Get yourself to a meet/trackday/quarter mile then!! :wink:

northy
01-08-2005, 17:43
lol..he might not need to :wink:

Martin
01-08-2005, 17:54
You've got too much money! :wink:

Lunner
01-08-2005, 18:08
When i get my 2.0 bottem end and spare head i'm planning cams and headwork, saying that tho it will be being donw over winter, ready to drop in for the first track days next year

stan
01-08-2005, 19:34
ive carrie dout loads of headwork on mine...

infact its the only way to go. big valves etc. the valve diamter as standard is only just suitable for standard lift...increasing lift really needs larger valves aswell

richy
01-08-2005, 19:52
stan i will be getting a valver head off my mate, was going to look into having bigger valves but not sure whats best to go with ? same with porting etc

stan
01-08-2005, 20:15
thing with the 1i.8/willy head is the fact that they have huge ports! increasing valve head diameter will reduce gas velocity=poor low-end performance....but then u can can "counter act" these effects with good chamber/port design and CR.
this is the main reason i used the megane head.

as for porting, its a case of understanding what you are doing and how you are changing characteristics. this isnt easily "learnt". and aside from that you need to have and be able with the correct tools.

VIPERONE
01-08-2005, 20:28
you need to have and be able with the correct tools.

a dremel and a file.

stan
01-08-2005, 20:40
shhhh...dont give the game away :wink: