PDA

View Full Version : Renault R26R

cliokongen
22-08-2010, 22:44
I'm tempted..... :?

Anyone familiar with these....
- What to look out for?
- Do Renault offer some sort of ad on to the half cage?
- Are they easy to work on?
- What tuning/upgrade opportunies are available?

Michael

stevie_b
23-08-2010, 08:14
You should have popped in to RSR last weekend - they run a few of these. Do you know any of Ron's guys - you might be able to call them for a quick chat to get some info?

Coops
23-08-2010, 17:59
probably little to look out for as they are pretty new arent they. any back issues found on the earlier models such as the r26 or 225's may apply, coil packs for ignition is a big one i've heard/seen

very tuneable, should see 280bhp easily with just a remap i think

not very easy to work on i dont think, werent this age of megane the ones famous for the 100 quid headlight bulb change as half the front of the car has to come off to get to it?

cliobilly
23-08-2010, 20:09
They grey and red ones?

One at rtoc seemed to spend all day changing his tyres?
Comes stripped with a cage all ready for track very expensive and quite rare in the uk think less the 200 sold .

I like them :D

stevie_b
23-08-2010, 22:54
werent this age of megane the ones famous for the 100 quid headlight bulb change as half the front of the car has to come off to get to it?

Might have been famous for it but it is not that well deserved - there is a cover in the front wheel well that allows you to get to it. It's difficult to get your hand in there at the correct angle with the wheel on, but if you remove the front wheel it is no big deal. Not 100 quids worth of work anyway, although if you just want to change a lightbulb at the side of the road on a cold, dark night then I would say it is a pretty stupid design!

16v_paddy
23-08-2010, 22:59
werent this age of megane the ones famous for the 100 quid headlight bulb change as half the front of the car has to come off to get to it?

Might have been famous for it but it is not that well deserved - there is a cover in the front wheel well that allows you to get to it. It's difficult to get your hand in there at the correct angle with the wheel on, but if you remove the front wheel it is no big deal. Not 100 quids worth of work anyway, although if you just want to change a lightbulb at the side of the road on a cold, dark night then I would say it is a pretty stupid design!

I'd love to meet the wanker that designed that shite :x that hole was barely big enough to squeeze 4 fingers into, let alone my bloody hand :roll:

The 225 I had, had a duff headlight (xenon jobber) which took me ages with loads of swapping about to do to diagnose the problem, I done it that often I was able to remove the bumper, swap the bulbs & refit the bumper in less than 2 mins :P

Matty86
25-08-2010, 16:54
I changed the bulbs on my mums megane in about 5 minutes...

unless the xenons are worse?

cliokongen
25-08-2010, 20:09
You should have popped in to RSR last weekend - they run a few of these. Do you know any of Ron's guys - you might be able to call them for a quick chat to get some info?

There is loads of them at RSR...
But can't afford to rent one just for a test drive.
Ron seems nice though - had the track walk with him last year.

Thanks for the input guys.
Changing the light bulbs won't put me of in case i choose to consider further getting one.

280bhp shuld be fun!!!!
Must be possible...

Michael