PDA

View Full Version : Gear lever conversion kit

Yanoo_
20-08-2010, 15:03
Updated version of the gear lever conversion kit is available. This kit consists of more parts:
fixed ball joint housing (plastic or alloy)
stiffer ball insert (made of hard silicone rubber)
metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)
OR
small link bar with metal bush (can short the shift throw by 10% or 15% - depends on the bar length).

The base conversion kit: fixed ball joint housing (plastic version), stiffer ball insert and metal bush. Gives more precise shift throw. £30 + postage (£7) for Williamsclio.co.uk members only (£35.50 on ebay)

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/stiff_shift_kit.jpg

Quickshift 10% kit: fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy), stiffer ball insert and Quickshift (10% version). £54 + postage (£7) for Williamsclio.co.uk members only (£59.50 on ebay).

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/polir_kit_2.jpg

Quickshift 15% kit: fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy), stiffer ball insert and Quickshift (15% version), adaptor. £57 + postage (£7) for Williamsclio.co.uk members only.

Feel free to ask, if you have any question!

MattL
23-08-2010, 00:23
pm'd

Evogone
23-08-2010, 00:51
Can you get the part that attaches to the ball on the quick shift linkage at the gearbox, thats where all the play seems to come from.

Yanoo_
23-08-2010, 12:10
pm'd

replied :wink:

Yanoo_
23-08-2010, 12:23
Can you get the part that attaches to the ball on the quick shift linkage at the gearbox, thats where all the play seems to come from.
Do you mean the ball shell in the gearbox (white plastic)? I don't have that but you can order it from Renault (77 00 872 205).

Yanoo_
26-08-2010, 19:56
Any more interest?

Brealbags
26-08-2010, 21:37
I would be interested in one of these kits. Which one would you recommend for me to use as it's a daily driver and want it to remain user friendly ?

Also I'm confused as to which parts the kit actually replaces. Is it just the linkage under the car that's different ?

Ta

cliokongen
26-08-2010, 21:58
Looks great - similar to the Renault Sport uprated items.

How much for the "metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)" ?

Michael

Yanoo_
26-08-2010, 22:07
I'd recommend you the Quickshift 10% kit. This kit gives better and shorter shift but doesn't injure the synchro rings in the gearbox. Ideal for road use.

The fixed ball joint housing replaces the genuine rubber housing:

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/gyari_vs_SS_alu_polir.jpg

Check this vid (the plastic version is shown in this vid): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zba7yTHxew

The ball insert replaces the OEM insert. It's made of hard silicone rubber and can stop the free play (caused by the old OEM rubber insert) between the gear stick and ball shell.

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/sbi.jpg

The Quickshift replaces the small link bar at the gearbox side. It's shorter than the genuine one and can decrease the shift throw by 10% (or 15%):

http://www.freeweb.hu/yanooka/images/qss.jpg

Yanoo_
26-08-2010, 22:18

How much for the "metal bush (replaces the rubber spacer and the OEM metal bush at the clevis bar)" ?

Michael

Do you have any info about the Renault Sport uprated items? I don't know that. I saw a similar item on a German site (Reichhard Motorsport). Is this that?

Metal bush is £2 (+ £4 postage, shame but the Hungarian Post is very expensive) for WilliamsClio members. This bush is made for genuine small link bar (Quickshift uses a bit different one). It could stop the play in the gear linkage when I was using this in my Williams together with the genuine small link bar (this was the first modification what I made for my Willy). Check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBHwYerdTM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/oem_dpa.png

cliokongen
26-08-2010, 22:59

Michael

Do you have any info about the Renault Sport uprated items? I don't know that. I saw a similar item on a German site (Reichhard Motorsport). Is this that?

Metal bush is £2 (+ £4 postage, shame but the Hungarian Post is very expensive) for WilliamsClio members. This bush is made for genuine small link bar (Quickshift uses a bit different one). It could stop the play in the gear linkage when I was using this in my Williams together with the genuine small link bar (this was the first modification what I made for my Willy). Check this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBHwYerdTM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/oem_dpa.png

Exactly - The Reichard Motorsport one is from Renault Sport.
It consists of the to halfs and a hard nylon/pom ball with aluminium inserts. It is a great bit of kit.

I'll have a set of the metal bush kit please... :-)

Yanoo_
27-08-2010, 12:02
pm'd :wink:

Yanoo_
21-09-2010, 11:37
BUMP!

One Quickshift 10% kit and 2 base conversion kits are still for sale.

cliokongen
21-09-2010, 12:12
Quality items these....
Definately worth the price! :D

Yanoo_
22-09-2010, 10:57
Quality items these....
Thank you!

stevie_b
22-09-2010, 11:32
Quality items these....

On your recommendation I'll take one then :lol: Are you running the 10% or 15% shorter throw one?

cliokongen
22-09-2010, 11:42
Quality items these....

On your recommendation I'll take one then :lol: Are you running the 10% or 15% shorter throw one?

The 10% one...
Have previously used the Sadev item wich is approximately 15%.
I found this to cause a few issues with adjusting the linjage.
(I'm sure it would work perfectly with a bit of persistance in the adjustment department though!) :wink:

Change all gear link bushes at the same time - the difference is instant!

Michael

stevie_b
22-09-2010, 13:59
Thanks Michael.

Yanoo_, I'll take a 10% one then please. If you PM me the payment details I'll get the money over to you ASAP.

Yanoo_
22-09-2010, 18:30
Michael is using a Quickshift 10% and brass gear stick lower bushes. These bushes are prototypes (being tested by Michael and me), replace the flexible red nylon bushes. To tell the truth I cannot feel any difference between the brass and red brushes but Michael said he could.

A Hungarian guy who is using the Quickshift 15% kit in his turbo'd Hybrid won the Hungarian National Drag Championship 2010, S3 category (street cars under 3800 ccm).

cliokongen
22-09-2010, 21:30
Michael is using a Quickshift 10% and brass gear stick lower bushes. These bushes are prototypes (being tested by Michael and me), replace the flexible red nylon bushes. To tell the truth I cannot feel any difference between the brass and red brushes but Michael said he could.

A Hungarian guy who is using the Quickshift 15% kit in his turbo'd Hybrid won the Hungarian National Drag Championship 2010, S3 category (street cars under 3800 ccm).

I can feel/see the difference on the gear lever.
I am using stiffer engine mounts (left and right), a 4th mount and Coops solid dog bone mount - no engine movement at all....
Before the gear lever used to wobble a little under power and braking.
Now there is hardly any movement at all meaning the new bushes etc. must have done something.
Furthermore the shifting is very precise and definately shorter in the throw. You might need to adjust the linkage just a little bit to make all of the gears work perfectly. As the shift gets shorter the need for precise and correct adjustment of the linkage increases. A little imperfection in the adjustment og the linkage with the std. shift is sudde´nly more evident with the quickshift (my own experience - had to do a very minor adjustment)

If you decide to get the quickshift - change all the bushes as well....
Std. bushes from Renault are very cheap and worth doing!

Yanoo_
22-09-2010, 22:42
Michael, I guess your linkage has been adjusted incorrectly before (it may be too long) or your engine sits in its place a bit different (compared to the standard), for example it may sit closer to the front by few mm (caused by stiff mounts). As you wrote, unfortunately the whole linkage is very sensitive for any imperfection (and to tell the truth, not the best design: the selector shaft - and selector arm - is at the bottom of the gearbox, effecting that if the engine moves a bit, the whole linkage - and the gear knob - will move lot. Moreover usually the gear selector seal leaks.) Basically, this 10% short shift link is a plug'n'go design, you have to just replace the OEM link and you don't have to adjust the linkage with standard but perfect engine mounts.

cliokongen
22-09-2010, 22:49
Correct - i only had to adjust a little less than 1mm...!
I was incorrectly adjusted before fitting the shorter shift.

ramo
22-09-2010, 23:49
Hi,

I'm interested in a 10% kit with the plastic housing asap.
Can you pm me with details please?

Thanks

Yanoo_
23-09-2010, 10:23
PM'd

Squeak
25-10-2010, 16:59
Are these still available i will be interested in a 10% one at the end of the week (payday).

Also the brass bushes that you and cliokongen were trialling are they available to? Can you please send me a price for all of the parts needed to refurb the bushes (that you supply inc the brass ones if available). Also if you have the p/n’s for the additional Renault bushes I shall need that would be mint. Thanks in advance Dan.

Yanoo_
25-10-2010, 17:55
Are these still available i will be interested in a 10% one at the end of the week (payday).

Also the brass bushes that you and cliokongen were trialling are they available to? Can you please send me a price for all of the parts needed to refurb the bushes (that you supply inc the brass ones if available). Also if you have the p/n’s for the additional Renault bushes I shall need that would be mint. Thanks in advance Dan.

They are not available momently but hopefully I will have more kits in November. They have already been ordered from the machine shop. I have a spare set of brass bushes, I will add them to your kit. I guess the price will be around £56 - £60 (including brass bushes) plus £7 (postage) depending on actual GBP / HUF exchange rate (HUF is very unstable nowadays).

Squeak
26-10-2010, 10:34
Please pm me once they are avaiable as i am not always on here. Also are those brass bushes the only ones i will need to replace.

Sorry for all the questions.

Yanoo_
26-10-2010, 18:21
Please pm me once they are avaiable as i am not always on here. Also are those brass bushes the only ones i will need to replace.

Sorry for all the questions.
Ok, I'll PM you when it's available. Besides this kit you will need to replace those brass bushes and the plastic ball shell (located in the gearbox housing, Renault part number: 77 00 872 205, approx. £5) if you want to renew every joints in the gear linkage.

Squeak
27-10-2010, 09:53
Sweet let me know as soon as you get them. payday Friday so ill make sure ill save some cash lol. Also its only that 1 part from renault i need and then basically you provide everything else to do the complete overhaul?

Yanoo_
05-11-2010, 14:26
Adjustable version of the Quickshift 10% kit is now available: http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=405321#405321

Yanoo_
05-11-2010, 14:35
Sweet let me know as soon as you get them. payday Friday so ill make sure ill save some cash lol. Also its only that 1 part from renault i need and then basically you provide everything else to do the complete overhaul?

On request I provide everything to do the complete overhaul apart from the plastic ball shell. In this case the brass bushes are included. But as I wrote formerly, I could not feel any difference between brass and OEM red bushes but Michael said he could.

Yanoo_
10-11-2010, 21:12
Got some polished housings yesterday. The base conversion kit is available with alloy ball joint housing: fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy), stiffer ball insert and metal bush. Gives more precise shift throw and reduces the play in the gear linkage.

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/stiff_shift_kit_polir.jpg

£35 + postage (£7)

Yanoo_
15-11-2010, 14:18
The base conversion kit with alloy ball joint housing is still available.

Yanoo_
30-11-2010, 13:00
All kits (with polished alloy ball joint housing) are available again.

Base conversion kit: £35 + postage (£7)
fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy)
stiffer ball insert
metal bush

Quickshift 10% kit: £54 + postage (£7)
stiffer ball insert
Quickshift (10% version)

Quickshift 15% kit: £57 + postage (£7)
stiffer ball insert
Quickshift (15% version)
adaptor

Squeak
08-12-2010, 12:43
recieved the 10% kit yesterday. Pleaseant to deal with, very helpful, guides very informative and a quality product. Will give more feedback once it is fitted.

Thanks Dan

Yanoo_
12-12-2010, 16:06
Thank you Dan! Any feedback would be great!

Yanoo_
12-12-2010, 16:07
Base conversion kit is still available.

Yanoo_
19-01-2011, 14:47
BUMP

still available

Yanoo_
15-02-2011, 13:27
The base conversion kit is still available. The kit consists of fixed ball joint housing (polished alloy version), stiffer ball insert and metal bush (with bolt and nylock nut). As seen in the picture:

http://www.dp-automotive.hu/pics/stiff_shift_kit_polir.jpg

Gives more precise shift throw, reduces the play in the gear linkage.

£30 + postage (£7)

Yanoo_
15-02-2011, 13:43
I forgot to mention this price is valid in this month only (due to the current GBP/HUF exchange ratio).

Squeak
15-02-2011, 14:05
Forgot to say fitted the stiff shift and short shift last week (10 %) and omg its brillliant!3

Thanks Yanoo

Yanoo_
15-02-2011, 14:26
Great! Thank you for your feedback!

Danny-ACE!
18-02-2011, 03:34
I would like to buy a base kit and a 15% kit please.

Why has everyone gone for 10% kits? Am I missing something? Haha.

Danny-ACE!
18-02-2011, 03:39
Just a 15% kit actually. I only have 1 shifter in my car. :D

Yanoo_
18-02-2011, 17:25
PM sent :)

mbayliss
19-03-2011, 00:22
Thanks very very much, great piece of kit, clear/helpfull guides!
Pleasure to deal with you m8!

Yanoo_
21-03-2011, 00:54
Great! Thank you for your feedback!

Yanoo_
29-07-2011, 12:17
Have a set of base gear linkage conversion kit for sale. This kit consists of polished ball joint housing, stiffer ball insert, small metal bush, as seen on this pic:

http://www.dp-automotive.hu/pics/stiff_shift_kit_polir.jpg

Current price is £48 (including postage).

Geronimo
30-07-2011, 12:11
You really should organise other payment than by paypal. I bought loads of your bits and pieces, but have had to get them second hand as i wont use paypal.

stevie_b
30-07-2011, 20:57
You want to sort out a payment that size in HUF by some other way?

Yanoo_
30-07-2011, 21:59
Shame, but PayPal is the cheapest for me.

The cost of bank transfer is a nightmare in Hungary. For instance a French guy paid by bank transfer, the bank subtracted almost 2000 Huf (~ £6.6) from me as transfer cost.

Or the weirdest: I transferred 46 Eur (12323 HUF) to Robi via my bank in June, the cost of the transfer was 5579 HUF (20.79 Eur)! The transfer cost was almost the half of the transferred money! (if you don't believe, I can show my statement of my bank account).

This is why I prefer PayPal.

Geronimo: I'm open to bank transfer in that case if the buyer pay all fees.
I'm totally fed up with the Hungarian banks.

fabulicious
31-07-2011, 07:23
Yanoo,
IBAN transfers between EU member states should only cost what your domestic charge is.In other words, whatever the rate is for you to transfer between hungarian accounts, then your bank by EU law should only be charging you the same rate for other EU states. Hope this makes sense.

stevie_b
31-07-2011, 09:51
Yanoo,
IBAN transfers between EU member states should only cost what your domestic charge is.In other words, whatever the rate is for you to transfer between hungarian accounts, then your bank by EU law should only be charging you the same rate for other EU states. Hope this makes sense.

The same fee as a domestic IBAN transfer? I can send money between any two UK accounts for nothing - I'm sure that they don't offer the same for other EU account transfers, but maybe the domestic ones are not moving via IBAN? Also it will be different currencies so he will get fleeced on the FX rate as well probably and so either Yanoo will not know how much he will receive, or the sender will not know how much they need to pay to get the right HUF figure.

It is a good product at a good price and I like the transparency of knowing how much to pay in £ rather than Yanoo say how much HUF he wants net and we all have to work out how to get it there and costs. I can understand not everyone wants to use paypal, or has an account, but most people can give someone they know the £ cash and ask them to make the payment for them?

fabulicious
31-07-2011, 10:25
For sure I can send money to EU states operating in €, or to GB territories operating in £ and pay no transfer fee's using the IBAN. Our domestic transfers are free and therefore so are the EU ones.
Don't know what position this is with EU member states not using Euro though, but it's common law between states not currencies.

The FX rate sure enough will fleece him but may I suggest Yanoo,open a sterling account. This way you will call a broker directly to negotiate exchange rates when the market is good for your currency.

Yanoo_
31-07-2011, 16:24
The transfer is no free in Hungary (except if it's made within the same bank). The fee of domestic transfer depends on the method of the transfer (via netbank or telebank etc.), usually it's around 250 HUF (~ 0.9 €). The cost of international transfer is around 10-20€ + fee of the conversion.

Yanoo_
06-08-2011, 11:38
The base gear linkage conversion kit is still available. Forget the sloppy shift feel, it will be as tight and perfect as you ever wanted! Conversion kit consists of 3 main parts: ball joint housing, ball insert, metal bush.

http://www.dp-automotive.hu/kepek/base_kit.jpg

£48 (including postage)

Yanoo_
09-11-2011, 00:32
BUMP

Jamie Summers
09-11-2011, 15:40
Does anyone know if the Mk1 Cup car had a quickshift factory fitted ? If not will Yanoo's 15% kit work on it ?

thanks,

Jamie

Yanoo_
10-11-2011, 12:46
Does anyone know if the Mk1 Cup car had a quickshift factory fitted ? If not will Yanoo's 15% kit work on it ?

thanks,

Jamie

I guess there was no quickshift fitted in the Cup car. Northy surely can answer your question, he has a lovely Mk1 Cup.

Yanoo_
10-11-2011, 12:56
I have some adjustable ball joint housings now:

http://www.dp-automotive.hu/kepek/Stiff_Shift_3.jpg

There is a full polished version in this pic, but I could anodised it in various colours on request. This ball joint housing may be fitted easily, gives more precise shift. You can adjust the shift force (the force to get the gear lever into gear) to your demand by tightening the allen screws (from the drivers seat). It's tested by Spanish and Hungarian rally drivers and me since March, works perfectly.

robi1000
10-11-2011, 17:08
Price Yanoo...

It looks great BTW!

Yanoo_
10-11-2011, 17:18
Price Yanoo...

It looks great BTW!

LOL, I forgot the the most important info :D

Well, the adjustable housing is £59 including: stiffer ball insert, small metal bush, 2 brass bushes (gear lever bottom bushes), postage.

Yanoo_
20-03-2012, 22:06
If anybody would be interested in dyed or non dyed aluminium ball joint housings, they are available in the following colours: glossy red, glossy copper, glossy blue, polished alloy (non dyed, of course) and glossy poison green.

http://www.dp-automotive.hu/images/csm.jpg

http://www.dp-automotive.hu/images/csm2.jpg

The current price of the gear linkage conversion kit is £54 for WilliamsClio.co.uk members, including: non-adjustable ball joint housings, stiffer ball insert, small metal bush, 2 brass bushes (gear lever bottom bushes), postage (recorded mail).

16v_paddy
20-03-2012, 22:16
Sorry for the :spam: but I love the name of glossy copper, in fact glossy copper is the new name for rusty arches :P

Yanoo_
20-03-2012, 22:21
Sorry for the :spam: but I love the name of glossy copper, in fact glossy copper is the new name for rusty arches :P

LOL. TBH it should be orange but it's closer to copper than orange. :P