PDA

View Full Version : Help with iTunes

Brealbags
12-08-2010, 22:38
After aquiring a new iPhone i have proceded to upload iTunes and transfer all my music across onto it. This automatically converts the files to AAC and displays them in the iTunes library. Easy

But my problem is that over the year or so iv had the laptop, iv been ripping music onto it into windows media player as a WMA format.

Unknowningly to me i had the option 'protect file' selected so more than half of my WMA collection is a protected file. This means that it wont upload onto iTunes and convert to AAC so it can be played on the iPhone.

Im guessing i have to find all the original CD's and rip them all again making sure they are not in protected format. This will take ages and lots of stress will be involved.

Is there a way around this anybody knows of? I was thinking about making a data disc with all of the albums on and re copying that back into iTunes but copying them to a data disc would not remove the 'protection' as im told

Help appreciated

Thanks
Chris

Coops
12-08-2010, 22:50
dont buy an iphone? :wink:

Brealbags
12-08-2010, 22:52
That has been my philosophy up until I accidentally bought one

Now I'm fuming cos things don't work properly

Coops
12-08-2010, 22:54
hate to say i told you so ;-)

to be fair i have an ipod but luckily didnt have any issues with my wma's as i have always had copy protect disabled

still its rediculous that they even have to be converted, have to carry 2 copies of everything now, one wma/mp3 and one aac for the damn ipod, stupid ****in over-rated apple bollocks

Brealbags
13-08-2010, 10:24
My thoughts exactly

katbloke
13-08-2010, 13:12
Iphones ok when jailbroken, bit restricted if not

Brealbags
13-08-2010, 14:57
^ what's that ?

katbloke
13-08-2010, 15:16
allows you to run and install non purchased games/apps put in whatever sim card you like, change appearance, themes etc

Smokey McPot
25-08-2010, 11:30
its not that ridiculous. Windows Media files are by default protected to prevent piracy blah blah.

I find it amusing then people get angry because something doesn't work cross-format.

Anyhoo, if you're on Windows, google WMA to MP3 conversion and you should be provided with a veritable plethora of programs that will do what you want.

xx