PDA

View Full Version : CLIO CUP RETURNS TO RACING

A&P
09-08-2010, 21:54
JUST A FEW PICS OF SUMMEH'S OLD CLIO CUP RACE CAR. I BOUGHT IT FROM HIM ABOUT 18 MONTHS AGO AND JUST RETURNED IT TO ORIGINAL PAINT SCHEME.ITS DONE A FEW SPRINTS AND HILLCLIMBS SINCE AND NEXT YEAR WILL BE DOING A FULL SEASON IN THE WELSH HILLCLIMB CHAMPIONSHIP ALONG WITH ANOTHER SODEMO ENGINED HARLOW WILLIAMS WHICH YOU GUYS HAVE PROBABLY HEARD OF.

snowman
09-08-2010, 22:00
top bombing 8)

ThRaXaIR
09-08-2010, 22:34
beautiful!!

LEIGH-ANNE
09-08-2010, 22:35
Excellent!!

I know of the previous previous owner who would love some current info on this car!

Good luck

Wobba
09-08-2010, 23:46
Yay!!!! I've been in this car!

I heard you had sorted the body and paint out from Craig at APD. Nice work!

A&P
10-08-2010, 00:02
THANKS FOR THE KIND COMMENTS GUYS, AS FOR THE CAR RIGHT NOW FITTING GRIPPER DIFF AND CARBS ALL THE SUSPENSION CHANGED FOR AVO LOADS OF OTHER SMALL CHANGES. I WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED OF EVERYTHING I DO AS I GET TIME/MONEY TO DO IT.

northy
10-08-2010, 07:48
thanks for joining up, been meaning to chase you to keep in touch.

Cars looking well, i will send pictures to Scott_cup who used to own it and spent alot of money getting the engine sorted out.

Any pictures of the engine and inside ???

A&P
10-08-2010, 07:55
I WILL GET MORE PICS AFTER I INSTALL CARBS. GLAD TO REPORT ENGINE STILL SWEET AS A NUT.I WOULD LIKE SOME DETAILS ON THE ENGINE BUILD TO HELP ME ON MY SET UP IF ANYBODY KNOWS ORIGINAL ENGINE BUILDER.

northy
10-08-2010, 08:07
the engine was built by Portformance in warrington. 07767787097 Steve

Carbs???? Surely TB's would be a better direction?

16v_paddy
10-08-2010, 08:23
Carbs???? Surely TB's would be a better direction?

I've got a set of jenvey's goin spare that I'll sell :winkey:

A&P
10-08-2010, 08:25
THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOUR RIGHT TB S WOULD BE BETTER BUT WERE OLD SCHOOL AND BEEN DOING THIS A LONG TIME (ALSO BUILD AND TAKE CARE OF OTHER COMP. CARS) MONEY ALSO BIG FACTOR, ITS ONLY A HOBBY CUSTOMERS CARS COME FIRST!

northy
10-08-2010, 08:33
If you do take off the standard inlet manifold - please could you put it to one side for me. Cheers

A&P
10-08-2010, 08:44
NO WORRIES NORTHY, I SEE YOU KNOW A BIT ABOUT THIS CARS BUILD. MANIFOLD IS OFF PM ME AND WE WILL TALK.

northy
10-08-2010, 10:11
Eye scott is a good friend so was around for most of the work that was done.

Can you let me know what is needed to get licensed for hillclimbs as i fancy giving it a go.

A&P
10-08-2010, 10:20
GREAT NEWS THE MORE MK1'S WE GET OUT THE BETTER. YOU NEED MSA SPEED LICENCE (£35) JOIN A MOTOR CLUB, AND A COUPLE OF STICKERS IE ON OFF ON IGN SWITCH (I KNOW THAT SOUNDS DULL BUT ITS IN THE REGS) RACE SUIT AND HELMET FROM THEN ON ALL DEPENDS WHAT CLASS YOU RUN IN,. CHECKOUT TRIDENT SPRINT WEBSITE AT WWW.TRIDENT.SPRINT.COM.

vaidaspr
31-08-2010, 20:24
THANKS FOR THE KIND COMMENTS GUYS, AS FOR THE CAR RIGHT NOW FITTING GRIPPER DIFF AND CARBS ALL THE SUSPENSION CHANGED FOR AVO LOADS OF OTHER SMALL CHANGES. I WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED OF EVERYTHING I DO AS I GET TIME/MONEY TO DO IT.
What shocks you use?

cliorod
01-09-2010, 00:36
ON ALL DEPENDS WHAT CLASS YOU RUN IN,.
As an MSA Licensed Clerk of Course for National Speed Events,I would strongly advise any potential Sprint & Hillclimb competitors,to read the MSA technical regulations for these events,BEFORE entering the sticker for the on/off ignition etc is basically for STANDARD PRODUCTION CARS!!.
Any modified vehicles,MAY need log~booking etc .Also the regulations for Helmet and Overalls has changed sithis year.
If anyone needs help,please feel free to contact me or come to

SCAMMONDEN DAM 24th October
Pendle District Motor club are running a National "B" Hillclimb ~~I am clerk of course
Rod :wink: :lol: :wink:

A&P
01-09-2010, 18:17
Shocks are AVO all round very good compramise between hillclimb and track.Also good point cliorod but wasnt going to go into detail on one reply thats why I said depends what class you run, and I know NORTHYS car is built to high standard and suggested he went on a sprint hillclimb forum for advice it was just a thread to get more intrest in the sport.Thanks ANDREW.

Evogone
01-09-2010, 19:42
Shocks are AVO all round very good compramise between hillclimb and track.Also good point cliorod but wasnt going to go into detail on one reply thats why I said depends what class you run, and I know NORTHYS car is built to high standard and suggested he went on a sprint hillclimb forum for advice it was just a thread to get more intrest in the sport.Thanks ANDREW.

To get a cup car logbooked for rallying is a pain in the ass, especially if its not road registered.

In date fire extinguishers
In date belts
In date seat
Fuel tank guard
Sump guard
Fuel and brake lines in the car (or just plated / covered underneath)
Mud flaps
Window film or perpex windows
Logbooked

I would say about 1000-1500 quid just to get it logbooked.

this is just a brief list as there will probabley be more give the reg changes this year.

schakal
20-09-2010, 21:14
loving the first picture 8) 8)

also welcome to the club :)