PDA

View Full Version : Williams 3 N6 WLS

glyn211269
09-08-2010, 21:32
I spotted this Williams 3 in a petrol station yesterday while I was out with 0041. The number plate seems familiar, sure I've seen it somewhere before, anyone know any history of this car?? The owner wasn't 'one of us' as he glazed over when I asked him if he was!

Apart from being the most rusty Willy I've seen, two other things struck me...

1) It was Sports Blue and not Monaco Blue, how did that happen?!
2) And the dude said that the plaque was missing....hmmm!

Oh well....

MatrixGuy
10-08-2010, 11:28
He obviously needs to get on here! lol

Tommo
10-08-2010, 12:14
Respray maybe?

Doesn't know much about the Williams if he thinks a '3' should have a plaque...

Justin..
10-08-2010, 14:59
Been spotted before and is a member

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34274&highlight=wls

glyn211269
10-08-2010, 17:13
Been spotted before and is a member

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34274&highlight=wls

Nope, doesn't belong to that guy anymore as that post was dated early 2009 and it's got a new owner now....

Justin..
10-08-2010, 17:36
:shock:

fillip
29-06-2022, 15:21
I spotted this Williams 3 in a petrol station yesterday while I was out with 0041. The number plate seems familiar, sure I've seen it somewhere before, anyone know any history of this car?? The owner wasn't 'one of us' as he glazed over when I asked him if he was!

Apart from being the most rusty Willy I've seen, two other things struck me...

Oh well....

I was the owner before this "clueless" guy and I don't remember much about the person I sold it to other than I sold it for what I paid for it a year or so before which was £2500. I couldn't afford to fix the rust issues it was my daily while I was at uni and as you can imagine I didn't have a lot of money..... However the extent of the rust issues circa January 2009 were one arch bubbling from the sill half way up and a tiny bubble that hadn't broken through the paint on the other side. With regards to the colour, I had a Monaco Blue Clio 16V before the Williams which was why I wanted a Williams 3 over the others and I can't say I noticed that it wasn't the colour I was after...... so I don't know what happened there :-k. BTW the reason I have revived this 12 years later is because I googled the reg to see if I could find the car still on the road but judging by the state of it a year after me I assume it isn't. I have a Williams 3 now in far better condition than that one as I now have the time and money to maintain and make original unlike back then.