PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 vs TWO Clio 172's

Mattie
01-08-2005, 02:39
was out las night, met up with about 7 cars as we usually do and made a short journey 2 our usuall park up spot. The journey takes us down a looooooong dual carage way with about 3 islands on it.

on the way there i saw a car in my mirror gunning it past all my m8s, as it drove past me beeepin its horn i noticed it was a 172! didnt think much of it untill about a second l8r followin the 172 came another 172 beepin its horn! :roll:

so i droped it down into 2nd n i was off tryin to catch em lol :D as we gunned it down the DC i passed my m8 who was at the front of our convoy in his 1.8 valver, e also joined in on the action :twisted:

i kept with em down the DC most they got in front of me once i caught em was about a car n half length, got 2 the 1st island n i was nearly touchin bumpers as we tuk it, aproachd a bend n i was level with the back 172 got 2 another island and and i did him! :D

e was right up my arse though all way down the DC so i moved over so e cd take me but e cdnt even pull level with the bk of my car, got to the last island and was about to take the 172 in front wen e moved over in front of me so i moved 2 under take him but there was another car blockin my way :( then we was off down the last stretch of DC i kept the other 172 at bay while the other 1 pulled away only slighly though lol then beeped my horn and turned off 2 meet my m8s....

racing well within the speed limit of corse :wink:

spoke 2 my m8 in his valver cuz i didnt c him durin any of this action, made sum excuse about just having an oil change :roll: lol

bit of an essay there but im still on a buz after my 1st race with a 172....or 2 in this case :lol:

byers
01-08-2005, 13:27
nice its good to show the pple with the new cars that think they can wipe the old skool motors out :P

Lunner
03-08-2005, 20:17
Cracks me up when i kickj someone's ass in a 12k car wiht my 1k old skool beast

J o n
03-08-2005, 22:18
i used to like having a play with em when my car was mostly standard and I had the long ratio box... funny as fook when you just pull off into the distance, then they catch up when I change to 4th, back on cam and it's off to 140mph :lol: no point now tho, level pegged a 182 with 2 passengers and 4 wheels in the car going up a hill... :lol:
there are some quick ones about tho, Cups especially, but a tuned Willy is still the quickest 2.0 Reno down the 1/4 mile as proven :twisted:

lagerlout1
08-08-2005, 17:06
I thought the Cups were quicker? :wink:

J o n
08-08-2005, 17:11
dunno what made you think that... lol

to be fair we need to get a low mile or strong engined good condition williams and test it against some run in MK2's both standard and with same mods... I'm still waiting for a 1*2 with cams etc to post a decent 1/4 mile time... dont get me wrong though, I know eventually they will with the right driver.

lagerlout1
08-08-2005, 17:41
I'm sure they will.... don't really get to hear of many schmammed MK2's. Could a williams do a 14.2 @ 100 mph with and IK, CHIP, and decat?? I think neil182cup from CS got that time.... although the vids of where they race looks like an old car park with a few kids gathered round with a stop watch. lol.

J o n
08-08-2005, 17:49
pmsl, yeah, dunno what a 14.2@100mph would be at York or Pod and it's a ****ing cracking time to be fair to Neil, but reading on the Scooby forums and the red tops only just break 100mph and run 13's all day long.

also for the chip all you get on a Willy is some snide off the shelf job that's been programmed on a 200k engine most likely 10 years after... and not by Renault Sport themselves... I really wish they had done a chip like that for the Willy :( nearest offering that makes the car quicker is a full map sadly...

I found out that 172's run 260 degree cams as standard too... that's wilder than the Willy cams so with them being mapped from the factory they actually produce equalish power to most cam'd Willy's running 260 cams... there's some food for though... progression, hmm, not in my eyes. oh, and VVT is to stop the otherwise lumpy idle... so 1*2's come cam'd as standard :wink:

lagerlout1
08-08-2005, 18:06
lol... my 172 still idles like a bag of shit anyway.. always has done. BenR seems to think that the VVT on the F4R is pretty pointless - it cuts OUT at like 5krpm. It's also something to do with emission iirc....

The R-sport ECU was programmed by Radbourne racing (nothing to with renault sport) and is a fixed map. Seems to really work well on the Cups with minor breating mods. Chris n Nics car is an absolute belter, as is ( was) Yoz's.

I till unsure tbh. I think mileage has a loy more to do with it than I first realised. I'm yet to see a standard 182 post a quicker time than kev's or Paddys 172's,which when the 182's are lighter and have more power makes no sense at all.

There will always be exceptions to the rule. I certainly didn't realise how fast thw Williams were until I started coming on here.

Jabba the...
08-08-2005, 18:53
i think they need 30k on the clock before they start opening up, mine started to fly around then :!:

JayR
15-08-2005, 07:40
172's aint as good as i thought as i found out last night..........Had one follow me onto my favourite dual last night and had no probs holding him off from 2k in second right up until 90ish when the dual was coming to an end and he slowly pulled past............I also had a passenger and he didnt so your outcomes sound about right to me!!!

With good gear changes and 1on1 i personally rekon a williams could better the 172 from rolling.........Not sure about standing though!!!