PDA

View Full Version : New Owner of 395

sac1974
06-08-2010, 21:23
Hi Chaps,

I have taken 395 off williamslee and in the process of restoring her.

I have a couple of question hopefully you guys can answer, i have used the search engine but could not find the info.

What Colour Should the Tailgate Trim where the badges sit on be, mine has faded so need to get the O.E colour back on it.?

IS the Vinyl Strip on the door between the front and rear windows still available from Renault or is there someone who does a good replica?

I have been searching for who does the best copy decals and cant really find a definitive answer, is it best i buy them from Renault?

I am sure i will need some help of you guys over the coming months as i try to get 395 back to her former glory.

Best regards

Steve

FATBOY
06-08-2010, 21:46
congrats on your purchase mate, decals OEM from renault are £100+ for the full set!!! there was someone on here making decals, not sure if they still are...

FATBOY
06-08-2010, 21:47
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37472

MatBrown
06-08-2010, 21:48
The bootstrip should be a dark grey colour.
Vinyl strip is still available from Renault.
Williams decals are no longer available (apart from the willy 3 ones) but there are some good replicas for the 1's out there.

Mat.

Coops
07-08-2010, 02:35
contact 'Wolfie' on here, he does excellent replica decals

renault items are incorrect for williams 1, as mat mentions is williams 3 only now and they arent right (even if mr friendly parts man finds them on his system they wont be correct)

back to black is about best you can do with boot strip unless you buy new one, renault again and not cheap