PDA

View Full Version : Drivesharft removal (help)

sooty666
06-08-2010, 19:46
Started taking drive shafts out of the williams, preparing to put on the new shell. have hit a brick wall with offside driveshaft. Nearside no problem, really stuggling to get my head round how to get the big boy off. step by step help very much appreciated.
cheers
Ray

richy
06-08-2010, 19:50
its exactly the same to remove at the hub side for the o/s but the o/s shaft doesnt go inside the gearbox like the n/s, it slides onto a slined shaft which have a roll pin in if original etc, most likely the roll pin is still in if your struggling to remove it from the box.

sooty666
06-08-2010, 20:14
ok we are on the way cheers richy, just need to locate where the rollpin is. I take it its on the gearbox side of the driveshaft boot. any more precise info would be a great help as im doing it in the morning.

richy
06-08-2010, 22:06
yeah its between the inner cv boot and the gearbox itself, theres a section roughly 1.5 inch long which is the same diameter as the main length of the shaft and its in there, if you rotate the shaft around you will see where the holes are for the roll pin to slide into,

btw theres normally 2 roll pins, one inside the other, so you need to tap the smaller one out first then that will allow the larger to slide out, once there out the shaft should just slide off easy as

if i had a pic you would know straight away what i mean!

richy
06-08-2010, 22:16
you can see the shaft on the gearbox which the driveshaft slides onto and the hole which the roll pin goes into in this pic.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/DSC00724.jpg

sooty666
06-08-2010, 23:14
Richy you are a top man mate, thanks so much, i can see exactly where i am now! What fun I am going to have in the morning trying to get that little baby out but if my under carrige looks half as good as yours in the pic i will be more than happy! cheers mate