PDA

View Full Version : Williams Jr Project

Gav
31-07-2005, 23:12
Clio Fans!
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!
Im Gav from the midlands. I drive a Renault Clio 1.2 8v .
Im called Williams Jr because iam in the process of turning my clio into a Williams replica. i dont know if you guys n gals think this may be a stupid idea because the Williams is the daddy and the 1.2 8v is the shadow of all clios but! People under 21 just passed their driving test and love clios would die to own a williams, but cant afford the insurance, so get the next best thing, one that looks like a williams.
Im clearly stating on the car that it isnt a Williams but a williams jr, (where the normal williams decals went on the orginal ive got new ones made saying Williams Jr, so if people look closely they will know it isnt an orginal.
(bit of an essay this is, stay with me) I brought the car standard 3 months ago, horible looking thing cuz the prev owner couldnt give a Sh*t about what his car looked like, since then i have got a 16v bonnet, 16v front and back bumber & front arches. I have a 16v full interior except the dash which im in the process of buying, and i also need some blue seat belts. Ive got the dials ready to be fitted and im looking for some williams wheels. oh and i need the spoiler.
This should be finished in about 4 months, i own a unit with some mates with its own spray booth and my mate is a fully qualified spray painter so the blue n gold is sorted. This car should look awsome when it is done and im only gonna keep it till Feb next yr so if anyone wants it after me stay in touch.

p.s Any contributions are more than welcome

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5018/aclio4xe.jpg

BigBoreBri
31-07-2005, 23:20
If ya gonna do it all for a few quid then fair enough...

Personally i wouldn't do it, especially if its gonna cost loads... save ya money, drive a rat car till ya older...

Then go insane and buy an integrale or summat daft! lol :twisted:

Dancliovalver
31-07-2005, 23:21
hey mate welcome to the club, lol williams JR never heard that 1 before, pretty original

Good luck with the project matey :wink:

Gav
31-07-2005, 23:32
money isnt a problem, it has cost me just under 900quid so far including the car and then all the 16v stuff. I reckon another 400 and it will be done.
1300 quid for a Williams replica? Bargain.

Plus i own this unit so i mayswell use it

big hp
31-07-2005, 23:52
Good luck with project. Would it not be cheaper to of bought a 16v?

Also are you flaring rear arches like williams or leaving standard?

Zollo
31-07-2005, 23:57
Would it not be cheaper to of bought a 16v?

I think there would still be an issue with insurance then though.

You've come to the right place for sourcing parts and knowledge mate. Good luck :D

Gav
31-07-2005, 23:59
the arches that came with the car have suffered the common clio problem and started to bubble so i have picked up some refurbed 16v flared ones for 50quid so they will go on when my old man comes back from holiday.

I would of brought a 16v but i only got my license 3 months ago so i can afford the 16v incurance and i dont like the phase 2 shape and has anyone seen the phase 3 clio coming out soon? It sucks!! The french must have shit in their eyes to go from something as glorious as the mk1 to this hunk of pants mk3

It wont be welcome at clio meets i bet

Yer this site looks like everyone knows exactly what there on about i was on cliosport.net and all they chat about is the phase 2 model noone wanted to know about mk1's so i got pm'd by the owner n came here....awesome site, im getting shed loads of hints n tips for my project

Cheers Fellas

big hp
01-08-2005, 09:26
You got rear flared arches for £50?

Lunner
01-08-2005, 10:51
If you are going that far i would spend the extra time and money and get the williams front track and suspension, and then when you can afford it you can always drop a williams (or megane) lump into it

Rich
01-08-2005, 11:24
well done on being the 2nd willy rep on the site :P mine was a willy rep but just bought a valver but its still on here as melissa owqns it now :D

summeh
01-08-2005, 11:41
then all u need is brakes, rear suspension ,reserve fuel tank and interior and u have a williams, lol.

snakeylady
01-08-2005, 12:26
welcome to the site- looks an interesting project and I'm sure you'll be more than welcome at any of the meets! :D good luck and post some piccys when willy junior is completed :D

Gav
01-08-2005, 15:54
yer i got the arches for £50. Cheap stuff.
Im sorting out the interior as we speak, and i would drop a megane engine in but im only keeping this 1.2 for a yr then getting a 1.8 16v

Dude could you send me some pics of ur williams rep just to see how it went, if u have some pics while it was being refurbed.

I will post pics of it coming to life as i go along.
Nice one for the support boyz n gals

FATBOY
01-08-2005, 18:15
nice to see you made it willy jr! and u would be more than welcome at any meets! this site isnt just for williams' . we cater for all mark 1's

once again welcome and good luck!!!!

Gav
01-08-2005, 20:28
nice one man, this is a truly awsome site. Ive already been told off at work for spending too much time on it and ive only know about it a day.

Any clio meets count me there. Is there gonna be one soon?

FATBOY
01-08-2005, 21:24
ur best bet is to check out the meetings and events topics page!