PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the North East

Boppa
01-08-2010, 11:28
Hi all, im new to the site, any others up here in the north east. I drive a williams 2, Well i did til the gearbox went bang the other day lol so i decided to join to get some help.

Coops
01-08-2010, 22:58
welcome

whats exactly gone bang? no drive? stripped gear?

Boppa
02-08-2010, 22:17
thanks, o/s inner c.v joint went so managed to find one from the valver forum, bt then 3rd wouldnt select , and then i start gettin a nice gridding at higher speed. The inner c.v boot went so its drop all the gearbox oil. All happend in the space of a few hours, i could understand if i was drivin it like a c*ck, but never do as its my daily runner, finding it very hard to get a box tho.

Coops
03-08-2010, 12:55
oh dear, sounds failry terminal :(

its a minefield trying to buy and sell second hand boxes, after recent complaints and experiences i can safely say i'm out the second hand box selling game

williams jc5's are pretty rare as well, so if your willing to 'defile' your car can always fit a laguna or megane box from same era or a phase 1 172 gearbox.

failing that its renault, about 750 quid on exchange for your old box

Boppa
03-08-2010, 23:16
to be honest im not fussy on the type of box just want it back on the road, is there any particular megane or laguna i should be looking at, i.e engine sizes or is ther a number on the box etc. Thanks