PDA

View Full Version : Carbs...when is the mixture is 'correct'? :-s

u33db
30-07-2005, 20:23
Slightly off topic but my dads away on holiday and i've got no-one else to ask about this;

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the mixture on carb to be correct? i.e how do you 'know' when its right...is it just trial and error or is there a 'clever' way of doing it?

Got my scorpion system on my scooter today but its well slugish...sure it needs adjusting but i don't have the knowledge on how to go about it! :oops:

many thanks!

stan
31-07-2005, 14:10
2stroke?

there will be a mixture adjustment screw on the side of the carb somewhere...

turn it fully in, then OUT by around 2 turns. then start her up, and let it get warm. give it full throttle (on the stand), then slowly turn the screw IN. the revs will pick up. once they start to drop of again, turn it OUT about 1/4 of a turn.

If its got hi and low end adjustment, adjust the LOW screw till it revs easily/nicely on "snap acceleration" i.e. rev then let go

u33db
31-07-2005, 18:10
Cheers for that.

Had to do it on the road by trial and error a bit as i don't have a centre stand atm (sister reversed into bike breaking it) but it seems ok. Now clocking 45mph with just an exhaust.

I'll defo use the above technique once i get my new 70cc engine on as i'll have the stand back then so that should get it spot on.

Many thanks! :D