PDA

View Full Version : Anglesey Circuit

steve d
23-07-2010, 16:11
Went to Anglesley last night for a members evening, it was the first time have taken the clio out on a track since owning it.

I was pleased with the cars speed and handling, but was very disappointed on the tyres they are Parada spec 2’s which squealed like pigs on all the bends. :(

I could feel the car flouting on them, which I didn’t accept them to be so bad. Maybe it is because I run 32r’s on the mini which are just a cut slick, But feel like the car had so much more give but was unable use it due to because of the tyres.

Have anybody else had the same feel on the Parada spec 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZOsoGGk34

northy
23-07-2010, 16:30
you should really get some R888's on it mate

sounds well though

steve d
23-07-2010, 16:36
Glad you like the sound.

So the R888's are a good all round tyre then . Or should I just get a set of wheels and run some slicks.

northy
23-07-2010, 16:45
trackday companys wont let you run slicks unless u have a cage

R888's are the next best thing pal

zmaster2k
23-07-2010, 17:01
gotta be honest this is the first bad review of parada spec -II's ive heard.. ALOT on here and on C16V rate them as a track tyre and a road tyre...

I myselt run them aswell and personally have found them to be one of the best tyres ive run on...

steve d
23-07-2010, 17:10
Like I said maybe it is because I am useto 32r's on the mini. But if watch the video you can hear them on the bends. Which is not good, I have not had any problems with on the road, but on the track :?:

16v_paddy
23-07-2010, 21:19
I can see where you're coming from, I had a similar experience with them on track but it was only after a solid 30 mins of solid ragging on a quickly drying out circuit. I'd say it was down to them starting to get pretty warm but I didn't even bother with checking the pressures on them, also they're pretty new tyres, so I reckon the uncertainty I experienced towards the end of that 30 mins was down to the tyre pressure going through the roof due to the temperature and 8mm of tread.

I only went out on my paradas because I'd spent most of the morning pissing about with my cam belt & had 35 mins to get out on track before they stopped for lunch and I couldn't be arsed with swapping wheels as it would've kept me off the track for longer than I wanted.

I'd say you need to play with the pressures a bit before completely writing them off, as I still really rate them on the road and they're ok on track, just that they get a bit iffy when you're getting them really hot, I noticed that in Ronee's car when we were at Rockingham.

The step up from parada's to R888's though is ****ing immense imo 8) they made a massive difference, completely transformed the car so I highly recommend them to anyone :wink:

Swervin_Mervin
23-07-2010, 23:54
Have anybody else had the same feel on the Parada spec 2.

Yes. I battled for ages to find tyres that would kill the understeer. Understeer most notable at Cadwell powering onto the main straight from Hall Bends.

Eventually I tried Parada Spec 2's and it killed the understeer stone dead. I thought they were brilliant personally.

I left the back shod in Firestone Firehawk (IIRC) fuel savers. It was an awesome blend. :lol: 8)

northy
24-07-2010, 13:21
tbh steve - the camera doesnt tell the full story for me - seams your off throttle more than on it.

You sure you dont want to come and do the full circuit with us in august?

steve d
24-07-2010, 16:55
tbh steve - the camera doesnt tell the full story for me - seams your off throttle more than on it.

You sure you dont want to come and do the full circuit with us in august?

I think it was down to the tyres not give any grip, I think the diff had over worked them, so I feel like I was not able to give full throttle all the time. Because it felt like it was flouting round the bends.

I would love to but the wife would play hell if I was to spend £170 plus fuel, then spend another £100 plus fuel 9 days later.

I am thinking about calling over to see you all on the day. Just can't spend over £350 included fuel on track days within 9 days.

Laine_16v
24-07-2010, 17:45
Standard JC5? your ratios sound delicious but its been so long ive been in a JC5'd clio i cant remember if they are meant to be that short.

northy
24-07-2010, 19:02
no its got a short ratio box on and gripper as far as i know - tops out in 5th at 120???

steve d
24-07-2010, 20:01
no its got a short ratio box on and gripper as far as i know - tops out in 5th at 120???

That right

Wobba
25-07-2010, 11:30
Not bad going there eh. Them tyres will limit you. Got R1R's myself. Not tested on track yet though :)

Geeky
19-08-2010, 08:51
Nice Flaming Sierra Cosworth.