PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter and fluids

pete hybrid
20-07-2010, 11:39
Hi

my f7r is in and now running but seeing as she hasnt run in 6 years its well overdue a service lol, the oil filters between the f7p and f7r look similar.

just wondered if someone had the part number for the f7r filter please.

another thing is gearbox oil, which grade of oil shall i use.
i have been told that using land rover mtf 94 would be ok where its a high torque and power rated oil.

could anyone please shed some light on this.

thanks again
pete

Coops
20-07-2010, 11:50
i'd just rock some 15w-40 semi synth, i use comma stuff, and most motor factors will use your reg plate to spec a filter, main thing is williams filter is smaller due to the oil cooler fitted to them. only some of the f7p's had the smaller filter so they are usually of the larger non cooler type

pete hybrid
20-07-2010, 11:56
ok thanks mate. my shell is a 1.8 and the williams i got my engine from had no plates on it lol.

the coolers look the same, i got a genuine filter on the 1.8 which is about a month old and the filter on the 2.0 is a 'micky mouse' one and looks taller, might whip them off see the difference closer up.

hope all that makes sense to yourself lol.

i guess you cant help with the gearbox oil issue.

thanks anyway mate.

Coops
20-07-2010, 15:31
oh, box oil is 75w 80 iirc, tranself is the official stuff, but any reasonably thick oil should be sweet

if you valver lump had the oil cooler then thats the filter you want, stubby one

pete hybrid
20-07-2010, 16:53
nice one, saves us a few quid on the oil filter lol.

thanks for your help mate