PDA

View Full Version : 0184 back on the road...

Tommo
17-07-2010, 23:25
After being off the road for a few months, got my car back from the garage today, felt good to be driving it again. Full service, MOT, tax, new lowering springs (failed MOT due to a snapped spring). I forgot how much fun it is to drive, drove around for hours lol. Ended up driving to Tweeks to get some Toyo R1R's fitted and enquire about the 4 wheel laser alignment. Some nice roads around there, loving the new tyres, the grip is amazing!

They did pick up a couple of faults on the service, one is the manifold blowing like mad at the flange, I have read this can be welded? Can anyone recommend a decent welder in the N/W to do this? Need to try and get this sorted before Anglesey...

northy
17-07-2010, 23:43
are you wanting a quick shifter mate for the motor - there is a group buy going on and a great way to tighten the feel of the shifter

Tommo
18-07-2010, 00:39
Gonna stick with the original gear shifter for now cheers

You know anyone who can weld my manifold mate?

Tommo
21-07-2010, 18:26
It's going down to NW Performance on Saturday to get the manifold looked at, is this a manifold off job or can it be welded insitu?

Hope they can sort it, new ones are mega £'s, don't fancy an after market one either as people always seem to have problems with them...

Jamie.
21-07-2010, 20:22
I'm going to NW Performance on Sat too. Having some new engine mounts doing. We can go for a drive on the way home or grab some pics.

Tommo
21-07-2010, 22:17
Sounds good mate, you can come to ours on the way back if you want, grab a brew and get some pics.

What time you booked in? Mines in at 10am

2 live
21-07-2010, 22:42
manifold off mate to do it right....only takes 10 mins to get it off tho....maybe worthwhile gettin a fire ring for it too..

Jamie.
21-07-2010, 23:11
I'm booked in for 11. It'll take about an hour or two too, so I may come after you as you could be waiting a while. I'll give you a bell on Friday.

Wobba
22-07-2010, 00:34
After being off the road for a few months, got my car back from the garage today, felt good to be driving it again. Full service, MOT, tax, new lowering springs (failed MOT due to a snapped spring). I forgot how much fun it is to drive, drove around for hours lol. Ended up driving to Tweeks to get some Toyo R1R's fitted and enquire about the 4 wheel laser alignment. Some nice roads around there, loving the new tyres, the grip is amazing!

They did pick up a couple of faults on the service, one is the manifold blowing like mad at the flange, I have read this can be welded? Can anyone recommend a decent welder in the N/W to do this? Need to try and get this sorted before Anglesey...

Yey!!! Some R1R's eh? Hahaha I told you mate, they are shit hot :) Id say almost too much grip in the dry with diff unless you are about 8/10th's or more.

Tommo
22-07-2010, 13:15
2live - Thanks for the advice mate, I'll mention it to the guy at NWP.

Jamie - Cool give us a bell Friday, I don't mind waiting for you though.

Wobba - Yes the grip from the R1R's is phenomenal, even in the wet which is surprising. Can't wait to get it on track :evil:

Wobba
22-07-2010, 13:30
Can't wait to get it on track :evil:

Me neither mate! Will be running full power hopefully too soon ;)

Tommo
22-07-2010, 13:44
How's things with the motor mate, any closer to getting it sorted?

Wobba
22-07-2010, 14:12
How's things with the motor mate, any closer to getting it sorted?

Not really done much lately, but yes, things are in the pipeline. Need to change my exhaust!