PDA

View Full Version : leaving the fold

FATBOY
10-07-2010, 20:48
hi ya guys.... well after 6 fantastic years of ownership im afraid the day is nearing and im going to put her up for sale... the car is looking very sorry for herself just sat parked up in my carport and covered in dust for the past 3 months, as ive been using the cabby in these summer months. im not sure if many of you have noticed but i havent really been on here as much as i used to be... and the past 10 months have been the hardest of my life, what with losing my dad very suddenly and my brothers marriage break up just after that,which has meant hes moved back home, and i think the time is right for a change..... but the love with the car just isnt there anymore?? :cry: :cry: im going to mull it over this week and see how i feel, but i think i should get her out for a run out and clear the cobwebs away.....

Jamie.
10-07-2010, 21:25
Really sorry to hear this Paul. Can't really appreciate the tough times you've been through.

Hope the car goes to a good home. Perhaps someone off here would be good.

2 live
10-07-2010, 23:18
mate....take it for a good thrashing and im sure youl change your mind. tough times youv had, but unfortunately thats life mate.

wish you the best in whatever you choose to do tho fella.....the proper founder ;)

ollie16v
11-07-2010, 17:59
DON'T DO IT! I sold mine back in 2004 and deeply regret it. I'm sure the car will still love you :wink:

northy
11-07-2010, 19:00
sorry to read this Paul - u using the money for a new ford ?

Wobba
11-07-2010, 21:44
:/

Everything comes to an end eventually :(

DO drive it before you let it go though...

MatrixGuy
12-07-2010, 12:46
Sorry to hear mate, give it one last blast though!

FATBOY
13-07-2010, 21:09
gave her a clean and a bit of a blast today... felt good! feels like luxury after driving the classic ford....

northy... im looking for a classic ford at the right price, but no the money from the sale of the clio will be going to something newer??(thats if i sell her??)...

im still in 2 minds as what to do? but for what the car is worth now, i may just store it in the workshop??

ive also got a car coming early next week, details will be posted when she gets here, and im sure some of you will like :D

2 live
13-07-2010, 23:12
as u say mate....the price youd get for it, youd be better off keeping it i think. ;)

actually went to look at another classic myself today, but the guy wanted too much money for it......1 day tho....i will own another ;)

Coops
14-07-2010, 09:40
sorry to hear this mate :cry:

VIPERONE
03-08-2010, 01:20
DON'T DO IT! I sold mine back in 2004 and deeply regret it. I'm sure the car will still love you :wink:

dont talk bollox oliver :-)

you've had several cars since the money pit :twisted:

hope everyone is ok :-)
fatboy, your a disgrace! keep it!

titcharoony
23-08-2010, 14:01
good luckfatboy, hope times pick up, do remember to give it one last blast tho!

ollie16v
23-08-2010, 20:28

dont talk bollox oliver :-)

you've had several cars since the money pit :twisted:

hope everyone is ok :-)
fatboy, your a disgrace! keep it!

Tis true i have had a few but nothing feels like the little willy :lol: the valver was a real money pit but the williams was worth it! KEEP IT!

FATBOY
24-08-2010, 09:54
things may have changed again!!!! :wink: doesnt help being out of work at the mo (working for myself now for the time being).

all will be revealed

Rajk
26-08-2010, 08:54
mate, my williams spends most of its time on the drive, but every fortnight i take it out and give it a little bit, If you can hold on to it, you should. You wont find another car that is a little beast, turns heads like the williams. Any where i go people love it and mine needs a respray and a rear arch but still I love it. My missus is always on my case to get rid, I think she will go before the willy! :D

2 live
26-08-2010, 20:19
thats what i like to hear^^^^^^^^ a man with commitment ;)