PDA

View Full Version : Rad bleed plug

cliobilly
09-07-2010, 18:15
Hi everybody is the bleed screw the little plastic jobby just above the top hose on the rad?

its like a hexagon thingy i gave it a bit of a twist seems real fragile dont want to bust it if its the wrong thing.

vkosho
09-07-2010, 19:16
That is correct yes.

Remove coolant expansion tank cap and bleed air through till coolant starts coming out of the bleed screw. If it feels fragile make sure its not leaking. :D

ThRaXaIR
09-07-2010, 19:36
wrap some ptfe round it before you put it back in! ;)

(thats not a do or die thing by the way lol)

cliobilly
09-07-2010, 21:35
Ok i will change coolant and clean tank tomm thanks guys.

Is it so importsnt to use the correct coolant or can i use any half decent stuff?

Seen some threads about the green stuff i cant see what difference it will make ?

vkosho
09-07-2010, 23:41
If your flushing the whole system you can use any 50/50 mix coolant. But renaults originally ran Type D (the green stuff). Possibly still available from GSF if not then Renault only i think.

Type D is pre mixed so you just put it straight in. The different coolants dont mix so its best to stick with 1. Hence why most people still use Type D. Plus green is the best colour. :wink:

...Until the rust turns it brown :(

Wobba
10-07-2010, 07:06
When yo extract thw bleed screw, you will see a little rubber washer. Dont lose it, it gets cause on the thread as you take it off and so make sure you position it correctly before putting it back on.

Youll know it on properly as near the end of tightening it kinda gives a dull 'click'.

Bleed bubbles out too, till fluid is flushing clear.

cliobilly
12-07-2010, 07:50
Job done guys thanks for the help.

Wobba
12-07-2010, 10:03
Yey! :)