PDA

View Full Version : Ty Croes!!!

dannyt
30-07-2005, 09:38
I just wanted to say...................

What a great day and a terffic track. Its was short and twisty enough to learn all the corners which made it great for the little clio's! They were in there element!

Anyway cheers to Gaz, northy and trackaction for organising it!

It was great to meet some new and not so new faces, cheers to the likes of Billy, Flaming, Martin for taking us out in their cars and to swervin, winston and stu for lending me any tools or beers etc!

What a great day and great track!

Cheers everybody

Danny

P.s Whens the next one?

Jan
30-07-2005, 10:30
:D :D

Thanks Gaz for organising a top day!

Roll on sprint day, national run and the next track day 8)

*I'm off to fix all the problems with the clio now :evil:

Boris
30-07-2005, 10:55
yea was a good day out shame never got to go out but was good watching anyway.

Martin
30-07-2005, 15:03
Was class day...even if I did murder my tyres, knacker my zorst and kerb a wheel.. :oops: :twisted: Nice one Gaz (ya PRICK).

GazTwo
30-07-2005, 15:12
Your Welcome Guys, was worth all the effort.... :D

I really enjoyed myself yesterday was a brilliant little track and I don't think we could have got anymore ideal weather.....not cold when standing about yet at a good temp to keep the cars cool.....then a splash of rain at the end of the day so a few of u could have a play......watched quite a few spins when stood on the pit wall..... :D

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, from everbody I've spoken to they had a good time and to top it all of we had no accidents.....apart from Winston cutting Simon up..... :wink:

MrAtego has plenty of pics to go on our Magazine spread and we'll have a lot of video footage.

Highlight of the day for me was trying to keep up with Danny's car whilst the instructor was driving so I could get it on film.....3 wheelin it on every corner.....I couldn't stop laughing thinking of Danny's face as his car got the beatin of it's life..... :shock: ......also got a ride in Track Action's XTR2 at the end of the day on a wet track..... :twisted:

Anyway very tired and going for a 'Power Hour' or 2.....Thanks to everyone for coming especially Zollo, Jan etc....who travelled a fair old distance, I hope it was worth the journey for u??....and promise the next one will be closer to home for u guys..... :D

Also good to meet fabtrader22 who came over from Dublin just to spectate.....now thats dedication.....hope u enjoyed your hot laps in the couple of cars u got out in.....u even got a front row seat to watch Monkey go show boating on the grass..... :lol: .....he's such a show off..... :wink:

Cheers, Gaz.

Mark_Ritchspeed
30-07-2005, 15:26
Top weekend and big thanks to Gaz for orgasing everything.

Highlight of the weekend was the final hour on the wet track with slicks on. Awesome fun. :D

Cant wait for the next one.

richy
30-07-2005, 15:39
yep had a fantastic time, perfect track for the clios!! lots of 3 wheel action and seriously late braking lol

big thanks to gaz/northy and track action, roll on next trackday :D

arj256
30-07-2005, 15:39
Was a great couple of days. shame about the wet convoy up, but it was dry on the track.
Really enjoyed the track :D Thanks to Gaz for organising.
Whens the next? lol

GazTwo
30-07-2005, 16:04
Whens the next? lol

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53087#53087 ...... :wink:

MrAtego
30-07-2005, 16:23
Aye, cheers Gaz, top weekend was had by all who went!! All I need to do now is pay for the new front tyres :twisted:

Swervin_Mervin
30-07-2005, 16:46
Yeah Gaz that was a top couple of days and possibly the best introduction to track days for us virgins.

Really, really enjoyed it and regret not spending the whole day on track!

ScottCup
30-07-2005, 17:25
Cheers gaz, there will be no stopping me for the next one. I hope!!!
great night last night, it was a shame i missed the day event, well pissed off.

Zollo
30-07-2005, 17:27
Yep, thanks Gaz and Northy for organising a wicked day :D . Had a great time. Enjoyed myself so much, I forgot to take any notes :oops: Apologies for leaving early...camping in the rain would have been too much to cope with though :P

The drive back on some of those Welsh roads was amazing too :twisted:. Reckon a Welsh road trip could be a good idea...

Lunner
30-07-2005, 17:42
Cheers to everyone for organising it, was a class day, pity about the rain towards the end of the day...althought i know know that my arches take chunks out of my tyres when i'm on oppersite lock :oops:

matthew_h
30-07-2005, 19:32
Hello

I was driving the white 106 Rallye and thought I would pop in here to say thankyou to Gaz for organising the day yesterday and allowing me to come.

I had a great day until the catalyst in my four month old exhaust decided to disintegrate and block my exhaust strangling the car completely.

I have some in car footage from the day from my bullet cam set up so should be able to post that if anyone is interested.

Matt

GazTwo
30-07-2005, 19:44
Hi Matt,

Your more than welcome....was good to finally meet u mate, glad to hear u enjoyed yourself just a shame your CAT let u down.

If u could get the footage up that would be great mate.

Have already posted up in 'Meetings and Events' for our next Track Day which is at Donington.....so get your name down.... :D

GazTwo
30-07-2005, 19:50
Just been watching some footage.....Jan 3 wheelin.... 8)

Martin
30-07-2005, 19:53
Get it hosted then slacker.... :wink: :)

matthew_h
30-07-2005, 19:55
Hmm, Donington sounds good. Had a big crash there a couple of years ago (I was passengering not driving but it was a biggie) so think the Demons need put to rest.

First clip is online here

click (http://www.timskipper.net/matth/Matt%20Anglesey.mp4)

More to follow

Jan
30-07-2005, 19:56
Just been watching some footage.....Jan 3 wheelin.... 8) :D

Would love to have a copy when you boys get the chance!

GazTwo
30-07-2005, 19:58
Hosting.....I don't do hosting.....haven't got a friggen clue how to get it on the computer never mind host the fecker..... :shock:

Winston
30-07-2005, 20:00
Wooooooooooooooo yaaaaaaah!!!!!!! :D :D :D

****ing awesome day........Nice to see the southern faces.... cheers Gaz, northy and trackaction

Span it so much when it was wet lol :P Had loads of fun playing with martins banana :shock: :wink:

Sorry simon :oops: .....sure your not ment to cross the white pit line :P anyway no harm done...lesson learned

New pads needed......100-40...took there toll lol

GazTwo
30-07-2005, 20:01
Just been watching some footage.....Jan 3 wheelin.... 8) :D

Would love to have a copy when you boys get the chance!

Reckon we'll organise to get all the tapes together and get a DVD made up.... :D ....Just need a volunteer....Monkey???

Jamie.
30-07-2005, 20:54
was a great meet, although i didnt drive did manage to hitch a few lifts....Northy, Jan and MrArtego....cheers lads, although i spent most of the time in Toms valver. was a great day with a very good mood and it was good to see a few clios getting better of some of em elises and caterhams and that god awful slow mo ****ing yellow lotus. although i wonder how that nutter in the white 106 ralle never got black flagged...beats me :? anyway, great day big up all who arranged it, top job fellas!

matthew_h
30-07-2005, 20:59
Jamie

It was me in the Rallye. Why do you think I should have been black flagged? I wasn't driving dangerously and I was well within my limits.

Just wondering

Jamie.
30-07-2005, 21:06
i just thought u were driving a little beyond the means of the track tbh. when u were flicking yr car around u were often close to a few ppls cars and i just think possibly attempting to do that when ppl are going 50-100mph is nuts. if u thought that u were in complete control and were in no-way increasing unduly the risk of crashing urself or into someone else then im sorry. just when i saw u do it (several times) u didnt seem to be in too much control and were wrestling witht the wheel, i almost got the impression u were trying to show off? prehaps im wrong.....just the impression that i got and several ppl that i chatted to were a bit shocked at ur driving style.

matthew_h
30-07-2005, 21:12
I understand what you're saying apart from the bit about wrestling the wheel. I've been to Anglesey a number of times and know what I can do there and what I can't. I didn't just go straight out there driving like that having not done it before.

I'm sorry if people felt intimidated but I tended to only do the sideways stuff when it was actually safe. I actually span only once and that is the spin in the video I posted above. It was on Radar and there was no traffic in close proximity. Therefore I actually spent a lot less time out of control than a lot of the Clios who were spinning quite a bit.

Not trying to be big headed or show off. I don't want people to think that that was why I was driving the way I was. If I was really showing off then I would have been trying to lap the Clios rather than just have a play if you see what I mean.

I very much enjoyed the day yesterday and hope I didn't reduce anybody else's enjoyment. I didn't mean to.

Jamie.
30-07-2005, 21:22
see pm's mate.

Mark_Ritchspeed
30-07-2005, 21:58
I very much enjoyed the day yesterday and hope I didn't reduce anybody else's enjoyment. I didn't mean to.

Bloody hooligans going sideways everywhere. :roll:

Martin
30-07-2005, 22:01
Matthew...I've seen one of your previous vids! lol i thought you were keeping it tidy.... I got a little bit of you sideways tail out on the first corner...and sideways in front of me on the right before the back straight.. :) Oh and I span 4 times lol all part of the learning process in my book :wink:

matthew_h
30-07-2005, 22:06
Mark, terrible isn't it! Wondered when you'd pop up ;)

Martin, thanks for the comments. You're absolutely right about learning though.

fab
31-07-2005, 09:25
WoW :D I wouldnt have missed it for the world!
What a super bunch of lads and everyone made me feel welcome.The clios looked awesome on track wether you were spectating or a passenger.I had such a buzz Friday night and Saturday when I got home :D
Special thanks to Gaz,Jan,Richy for taking me out in their cars and hope to see you when i'm back in the UK.
Great memories..

Dan_mk1
31-07-2005, 11:41
Hmm, Donington sounds good. Had a big crash there a couple of years ago (I was passengering not driving but it was a biggie) so think the Demons need put to rest.

First clip is online here

click (http://www.timskipper.net/matth/Matt%20Anglesey.mp4)

More to follow

Lol, great driving there lad, nice litte handbreak turn too! :lol:

Andy
31-07-2005, 12:31
just got up ****ed really enjoyed i will be at donnington (track wheels) ..... is dangerous ritchspeed going mofo :P

Lunner
31-07-2005, 13:38
Just thought i woudl add, there were a few right twats there, more ht efolks in teh kit cars than anything, move over to let them over take you on teh straight and they are just pulling level wiht you as myou need to be moving over to take the line inot the corners, if you can't ****ing make the move then don't start doing it.

Had a great day, now found my tyres rub seriously bad on my arches on oppersite lock, didn't spin, byut i was told why everyone was spinning in the first corner, apparently its cus you were lifting off.....i was told by the instructor to brake and as you are turning in balence the throttle and slowley accelerate through teh corner, was going ****ing fast through there towards the endm but never actually span it.....did find myself heading sideays towards the mud a few times tho.

Everyone who borrowed my tools....you are welcome

Zollo
31-07-2005, 14:54
Just thought i woudl add, there were a few right twats there, more ht efolks in teh kit cars than anything, move over to let them over take you on teh straight and they are just pulling level wiht you as myou need to be moving over to take the line inot the corners, if you can't ****ing make the move then don't start doing it.

And also, there were some people (not one Clio I might add) who were clearly getting in the way through the corners, but then booting it on the straight so you couldn't pass (particularly in my wheezy thing!). With the 'no overtaking on the right' rule it made it almost impossible for faster people to pass on this track. I made an point of slowing down and getting out of the way on the straight.

Quite a few times I just pitted in once I'd caught up with some people - mainly that bloody white CRX. Rude bastard he was.

Zollo
31-07-2005, 14:56

Oh yeah, cheers for lending me the tyre pressure guage mate :D

arj256
31-07-2005, 14:58

And also, there were some people (not one Clio I might add) who were obviously getting in peoples way through the corners, but then carrying on booting it on the straight so you couldn't pass (particularly in my wheezy thing!). With the 'no overtaking on the right' rule it made it almost impossible for people to pass on this track.

Quite a few times I just pitted in once I'd caught up with some people. Mainly that bloody white CRX. Rude bastard he was.

Yeah i found this as well. but nevermind.

Lunner
31-07-2005, 18:26

Oh yeah, cheers for lending me the tyre pressure guage mate :D

Oh that subject, cheers to the guy in the red 182 (sorry i forget your name, i'm shit with them i know) for lending me his tyre inflater thingy, better then mat stood there with my footpump, lol

Zollo
31-07-2005, 18:43
I must check my spelling more often :oops: :roll:

Swervin_Mervin
31-07-2005, 19:30
Glad to see it was only one person put out by Matts driving, which was only what Mr Ritchspeed and a couple of our lot were doing, maybe not to at the same angles though!

I mean Northy had a fair few controlled wiggles going on when I was behind in Mark's clio.

I must saya couple of you boys really can handle your cars, and Jan had that rear wheel way off the floor through Radar every lap that I was following!

Zollo
31-07-2005, 19:35
I certainly didn't have a problem with any of the driving on Friday. Matt's driving was just great entertainment I thought :D

I can't comment anyway, I span three times...once with the instructor in the car with me :oops: .His fault, he was teaching me crap lines :wink:

Swervin_Mervin
31-07-2005, 19:39
Must say, of our lot, my drivers of the day were you, Northy, Mark R(obviously) and Jan.

Zollo
31-07-2005, 19:57
lol. I don't think my instructor (Howard I think) thought the same - I seemed to do be doing everything wrong :( . Ah well, it's about having fun, not taking the perfect line (...I kept telling myself, as he told me not to do something yet again!)

Driver of the day for me was Jan - the most enthusiastic and over excitable person of the day. Whooping out loud at every slide. Classic!

Jan
31-07-2005, 20:02
lol - cheers guys... i loved every minute of it! :D

northy
01-08-2005, 07:44
Thanks for a class weekend guys.

I hope that everyone has managed to remove the white lettering i wrote on there cars.

Thanks to gaz for organising this event - you did a great job...And for the next track day - lets try and make it WILLIAMSCLIO only please.

Thanks to mark for talking me out in the rally car - and luner for the jack and spare wheels when my tyres had worn out.

Spent all morning out there and should hopefully have some class footage.

Did a few spins and took martin off roading....ace.

Well done to the clio boys for being so well behaved.

Bring on the pictures :lol:

FlamingMonkey
01-08-2005, 09:27
Good weekend fellas.

Didn't see many cars on the track, everytime I was on I seemed to be lapping by myself.

Track was good, but I prefer Oulton, I thought Ty Croes was too short, looking forward to donnington :twisted:

PMSL about Northy driver of the day hehe, ask that Caterham guy what he thought about his driving, lol

richy
01-08-2005, 18:52
Good weekend fellas.

Didn't see many cars on the track, everytime I was on I seemed to be lapping by myself.

Track was good, but I prefer Oulton, I thought Ty Croes was too short, looking forward to donnington :twisted:

PMSL about Northy driver of the day hehe, ask that Caterham guy what he thought about his driving, lol

i overtook ya lol forced me into the pit exit iirc lol :wink:

FlamingMonkey
02-08-2005, 09:03
haha I let you past, I was gonna pull in but I had a loon on my inside trying to overtake :wink:

richy
02-08-2005, 18:18
lol!!