PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of the windows!

sooty666
08-07-2010, 21:59
Hope someone can shed some light on this mystery? After the tosspot rearended me in april, i wasn't going to give up on my williams... I found the cheapest option was to re-shell it. So was lucky enough to buy a rolling shell from Craig (a very nice man). The only issue I have now is that is does not have opening rear quarter windows, but the window rubbers look genuine Renault. There is holes in the B post for hinges... Can someone please tell me why this is and were there Williams made like this in the past?
Thanks

Ray

2 live
08-07-2010, 22:01
sounds like hes put lower spec/non opening 1/4s in mate.

just swap urs over...no probs ;)

richy
08-07-2010, 22:03
all 16v/williams models came with opening windows on the rear 1/4, but you can get a sealed window from a lower model such as a 1.2 3dr etc

so chances are the seals are gen as reno did do them, and they fit straight into the williams/16v

MatBrown
08-07-2010, 22:04
Yeah, when he collected the car it didn't have any windows in there so he had those non-opening ones off me as the car was staying outside.

Mat.

sooty666
08-07-2010, 22:29
Well thanks lads for that, and a big thanks to the williams guru Matt. At least I know now, wish I would have asked a week or so ago before I put the interior in!! Was hoping to be told I had the rarest williams in the world, but I know Matt will have that hidden away in his garage :)
Cheers

katbloke
09-07-2010, 07:33
Daz did this to his car too iirc

stevie_b
09-07-2010, 17:45
I have a pair of opening rear window glass and seals that you can have as a swap for the seals for the fixed windows in yours if you were trying to get it back to original spec (I have bought fixed poly rear quarter windows for my track car but have not yet got around to fitting them as I don't have the fixed seals!)?

sooty666
11-07-2010, 12:54
That seems like a good deal mate. Where abouts are you? Will get the glass and seals out some time in the week, will arrange getting them to you sometime next weekend. If you want to pm me your phone number we can sort something out.

Daz.
11-07-2010, 14:24
I did it to stop the ****er leaking! even £70 genuine new renault seals wouldn't seal - it wasn't worth the hassle, unless you know you can't tell anyway.

Safer too 8)