PDA

View Full Version : 182 Help Anyone?

Swervin_Mervin
07-07-2010, 23:55
No I'm not going to post on the other w4nk boards that cater for the 1*2s as they're largely populated by bell ends ime.

Mate has asked if I can help diagnose an issue on his ex's 182 (don't ask, complicated :lol: )

Sometimes coughs and dies sometimes it just idles rough as a badger's.

Going to take the multimeter round, check out coils, battery. But when it comes to electrickery I'm not that well clued up. Will also check for the usual obvious things like vacuum leaks etc

I prefer the older engines you can hit with a hammer to fix. :)

MAXIBOY
08-07-2010, 00:29
wet ecu

northy
08-07-2010, 07:51
very common fault

Vics is doing the same at the min. Rubbish idle once warm and dies in traffic. Also started spluttering on throttle

Coops
08-07-2010, 08:54
Mate has asked if I can help diagnose an issue on his ex

Sometimes coughs and dies sometimes it she idles rough as a badger's.

Going to take the multimeter round..... But when it comes to trickery I'm not that well clued up. Will also check for the usual obvious things like leaks etc

I prefer the older ones you can hit with a hammer :)

:shock: :shock:

trickyvicx
08-07-2010, 13:35
Yes mine is still doing this, I have posted on CS but no replys. Could be a number of things, but mine is starting to annoy me

steve d
08-07-2010, 14:06
Sounds like the MAF or Lamba sender

Swervin_Mervin
08-07-2010, 16:07
Ah great. One of those sorts of problems.

The wife's Xsara's had similar. Cutting out when dipping clutch, rough idle, lack of power, running ridiculoulsy rich and so cack mpg.

So far replaced oil temps sensor, MAP sensor and ISCV stepper motor. FInally found a guy that seems clued up who insists it's the ISCV stepper motor (I fitted a 2nd hand one as they're £150 new :shock: :shock: )

But could also be vacuum leaks, lambda, coolant temp sesnor, TPS.......

Swervin_Mervin
09-07-2010, 00:25
Update: What a turd design having to take the inlet manifold off to get at the plugs! :lol:

Anyhoo, cleaned up MAP sensor. Couldn't see owt too obvious. But the plugs in 1 & 2 were seriously badly worn. Never seen anything likt it.

Gap big enough to drive a bus through and the arms were worn to a chamfered edge!

So they'll have to at least change them. I'll update you guys that are having the same issue if it is that that solves it. But sounded like it was missing a fair bit until it got warmed up.