PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Gauge

Coops
06-07-2010, 12:34
currently my FPR has a pressure gauge on it, screw directly into the spare port on the side of the regulator (its an inline FSE one)

i want to run the gauge inside the car, so i am planning on running a fuel line through the bulkhead from the takeoff on the FPR that the gauge is currently connected to and the popping the gauge onto the end of said fuel line inside the car

thing is its a single piece of pipe, so how would i set about bleeding the line once its in the car before i connect the gauge as i presume that is what i'll need to do to gain a reading on the gauge?

any advice/experience much appreciated

cheers

Ben

Wobba
06-07-2010, 13:02
Gauge does not have a bleed valve right?

Could get the gauge, put in a small container of petrol, so its submerged, run end of pipe into same container. Make it secure and safe and not prone to splashing and turn engine over till bubbles all out of pipe then connect them whilst they still submerged. All bled. Just wear protective gloves and goggles in case of petrol splash!

Don't smoke whilst doing it.

That is one way...

northy
06-07-2010, 13:04
Carnt u just pull the leads off the spark plugs and turn it over ???? Should self bleed ?

Coops
06-07-2010, 13:14
nowhere for the air to escape on the annex line to the gauge northrop mate

i had similar idea to wobbs but issue is i need to do it in car as pipe needs to be cut to length to reach stereo are where gauge will be mounted. plus not sure if outside of the gauge will be damaged by submersion in fuel?

Wobba
06-07-2010, 13:15
If the gauge and pipe are lower than the fuel rail (so the air goes up to rail/injectors) then, yes, in theory it should bleed itself!

Justin..
06-07-2010, 18:46
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Depo-Racing-52mm-fuel-pressure-gauge-w-sensor-/230495349104?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35aa97e970

why not something liekthat with an electronics sender?

There is no way I'd have a 'live' fuel feed comming into the car tbh, MAJOR fire hazard imho

Coops
06-07-2010, 19:36
lmao, ai never see touring cars, or rally cars, or racing cars in general with fuel lines in the car do you............. :wink:

richy
06-07-2010, 19:39
i ran mine with braided fuel lines in the car for years! no issues aslong as its proper lines not just some soft shift that will bust easy

Justin..
06-07-2010, 19:39
yeas but they dont use sily little boy racer fittings :wink:

Laine_16v
06-07-2010, 20:43
yeas but they dont use sily little boy racer fittings :wink:

Joobileez innit!!!

Evogone
06-07-2010, 20:45
Got a proper stack one in mine flashes different colors when high or low limits are tripped....you can set everything..!!

But it did cost nearly 200 quid..!!!!

Coops
06-07-2010, 21:32
its strange how we trust 'da jubileeez' under the engine bay, right next to a jam hot engine where as soon as they split it'll go up, yet people don't feel comfortable with that setup in the car, with no source of ignition provided car is in good nick electrically?

food for thought :wink:

Evogone
06-07-2010, 22:07
Mines all electronic with a sender in the fuel line...

But hey julee clips are the only thing holding back from near disater..!

Coops
06-07-2010, 22:24
correction, not the only thing, watch out for the zip ties and duct tape :wink:

Justin..
07-07-2010, 01:04
i know what you mean coops but a engine bay fire is different to a cabin fire.

vkosho
07-07-2010, 02:21
i was gonna suggest trying to make a cheapish system with an electrical sender to run the guage via wires. Dont really know how cheap it could be done though.

Run a test with some tubing to see if it will self bleed. You could probably try wobbas suggestion in the car and only end up with maybe a foot of extra tubing to hide behind the dash. Could also wrap the guage in a condom. :D