PDA

View Full Version : So...NO ONE noticed Williams in EVO?

Wobba
02-07-2010, 22:32
Arguably the best most respected performance car magazine in the World:

Page 100, 20 years of Clio and a head to head of all the best Clio's...including the Willy...If you don't read anything else, read the last paragraph ;)

northy
02-07-2010, 22:35
just bought it this evening.

0001 out in the rain!!!! :roll:

can someone check when 0001 was last featured - what plate was it on??

Im sure it was differant to what it is on now

Wobba
02-07-2010, 22:59
Yea I have last mag it was in somewhere....think it is still here, but may be in a box of mags someone took away recently to sort through.

Pretty sure it was same plate...

ThRaXaIR
02-07-2010, 23:05
i assume it was good news? :D

Wobba
02-07-2010, 23:08
Go buy it, Tomtom :)

katbloke
02-07-2010, 23:19
yeh ive got it birthday write up, that green 200 looks good though

hanging my head inshame

Daz.
03-07-2010, 11:00
I got my subscription through the post, I read it, I put it down again.

Typical road tester verdict, spends a day with them all, picks a winner, goes back to his regular ride.

2 live
03-07-2010, 12:22

oh no....a car in the rain...ffs mate.....its built to be driven. whats the point in having one of the best 'drivers' cars out there to leave it sat in a garage/barn/storage facility??

no pleasure to be had in looking at the things, its all about gettin behind the wheel n REALLY puttin a smile on yer face. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ianbirch
03-07-2010, 12:52

oh no....a car in the rain...ffs mate.....its built to be driven. whats the point in having one of the best 'drivers' cars out there to leave it sat in a garage/barn/storage facility??

no pleasure to be had in looking at the things, its all about gettin behind the wheel n REALLY puttin a smile on yer face. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes yes..... we know :roll:

ThRaXaIR
03-07-2010, 17:22
calm down 2live, your a very angry man!!! ;)

ok i'll go buy it then as no ones spilling the beans!! :P

Tommy
03-07-2010, 18:27
Read it when first came out, good read. Williams still the best car there imo.. so much presence and character.

Swervin_Mervin
03-07-2010, 21:05
Typical road tester verdict, spends a day with them all, picks a winner, goes back to his regular ride.

Actually said tester might be considering buying one...

djtlane
03-07-2010, 22:07
Got given the EVO mag by a mate with a new 997, cross country last night I whipped his ass on the way back from the pub in the willy. He was suitably impressed.................................... 8) (guess i shouldn't mention ass and willy in the same sentance but you know what I mean)

MatrixGuy
03-07-2010, 23:30
Anyone got any pics of the page(s)? :)

2 live
04-07-2010, 11:57
calm down 2live, your a very angry man!!! ;)

ok i'll go buy it then as no ones spilling the beans!! :P

lol.not angry mate......jus cant understand why people buy a 'drivers' car to let it stand in a garage for years on end...like buying a top of the range bang and olufson telly, leaving it in the box and sit watching a 14" black n white portable all time......makes no sense. ;)

northy
04-07-2010, 13:42
no but if the owner of said telly wants to do that its up to him jon. :winkey:

I take my hat off to anyone who is in the position to really keep the miles off any williams!

I heard you are our latest memeber lol - you need one more williams off the road to catch me up though

2 live
04-07-2010, 17:16
off the road while i move house mate yes....when the clutch is done in 1, and the head gasket on the other theyl both be back on the road....

like i said, drivers cars....there to be driven ;)

fortunately, or unfortunately, whichever way you choose to look at it lol, have use of the van, or theyd be on the road still......

personally......i take my hat off to the guys that use them as they were intended....daily drives and showing the newer machinery the way.....ur turning into barrington so very slowly....ur mum will be owning urs soon enough ;)

2 live
04-07-2010, 17:22
damn edit button......wtf??? still the same old story.....empty promises of new websites etc. ;)

takes a LOT more effort to keep one on the road than it does to keep one in a garage.

16v_paddy
04-07-2010, 18:50

I've noticed quite a lot of positive Mk1 Clio contributions in that magazine from your good self :P

Tommo
04-07-2010, 19:58
takes a LOT more effort to keep one on the road than it does to keep one in a garage.

Tell me about it, just spent hundreds getting mine back on the road, MOT, service, tax etc very expensive hobby this Williams ownership lark lol!

Tommo
04-07-2010, 20:25
0001 should be in a museum though imo

Swervin_Mervin
04-07-2010, 21:09

I've noticed quite a lot of positive Mk1 Clio contributions in that magazine from your good self :P

I haven't bought it for months but heard about the Clio article so had to. Lo and behold there I am banging the drum again. :lol:

I didn't write the article though, just gave some advice to the writer of the article and a couple of others that had read it and were now wanting a Williams. :D

16v_paddy
05-07-2010, 10:43
^^^I'm on about the section where they talk about something that's been asked on the evo forum & I swear there's been something from you written in there every issue for the past 8 months :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
05-07-2010, 11:49
:oops:

I cancelled my sub ages ago as I thought it had got quite dull. So this issue's the only one I've had that I've seen the "from the forums" thing in.

Tommo
05-07-2010, 17:09
Same here, cancelled mine ages ago. Still get the odd good issue though. Last months was a great read, 20 year anniversary of the Mac F1, which imo is still the best car of all time. Can't believe how modern it still looks, it was so ahead of it's time, Gordon Murray was a genius!

2 live
05-07-2010, 22:37
^^^^ my first purchase with my lottery winnings..just enough room for me n the kids....

Wobba
06-07-2010, 11:16
The Macca is my favourite car of all time tbh. I reckon I'd show it some clean heels on twisties with Willy though :P

2 live
06-07-2010, 19:55
youd have to catch it down the straights first tho ;)

and by sounds of it you can just about catch a cold wi urs at mo.

Wobba
06-07-2010, 23:36
youd have to catch it down the straights first tho ;)

and by sounds of it you can just about catch a cold wi urs at mo.

Not for much longer ;)

MatrixGuy
07-07-2010, 13:48
Just read it briefly in Sainsbury's, yet again the Williams comes out best! :D

Good pictures of the Williams too.