PDA

View Full Version : Irregular starting Naples Valver

cliorod
26-06-2010, 09:46
Well folks my wifes Valver has got me and my mates garage beat :( :( :( .
Car will start ~~ no problem and runs perfectly,but then when it is left ~~ nothing it just will not start.After "bump" starting it it fires up and away she goes.
Ok the facts and things I have tried.
1)With it being able to bump start,it would seem a fault on the starting side :wink: .So All earthing straps checked,windings In the starter motor all checked out.
2) A new TDC sensor fitted & plug leads
3) New battery
It is a '94 Naples red Valver with about 80k miles on it,it has the usual immobiliser fitted (glove compartment)
Garage has checked electrics as far as they can ~~ my missus is just distraught at have to drive my Williams ~~ which she hates !!!! :roll: :roll:
Any ideas anyone PLEASE :oops: :P :shock: :roll:

Evogone
26-06-2010, 09:54
Does it turn over, does the solenoid click or just nothing ?

northy
26-06-2010, 10:27
poss try a phase one ecu that remves the imobaliser ?

cliorod
26-06-2010, 10:53
Steve,it turns over as normal,but it gets no spark at the plug.

Northy.That is about the only thing,I have not tried yet,but did not want to buy another ECU,if that was not the fault.

Would the Renault diagnostic system pinpoint the fault,or do they just state which area ~~ ignition,injection etc etc.

Ta for the replies :wink: :cry: :wink:

Evogone
26-06-2010, 11:04
Steve,it turns over as normal,but it gets no spark at the plug.

Northy.That is about the only thing,I have not tried yet,but did not want to buy another ECU,if that was not the fault.

Would the Renault diagnostic system pinpoint the fault,or do they just state which area ~~ ignition,injection etc etc.

Ta for the replies :wink: :cry: :wink:

Similar issues with the rally car and culprits where Coil/ignition module pack, crank sensor.

Justin..
26-06-2010, 11:13
is the imobiliser icon flashing on the dash?

Coops
26-06-2010, 13:13
rank sensor or coil pack as above

tom97
28-06-2010, 19:06
i just had this problem with mine, mine was the coil, but i also changed the distributor cap and rotor arm as both needed it and mines a 97' 1.4.

cliorod
28-06-2010, 22:03
Tom 97
Must admitt hat was were I was thinking of attacking next :twisted: :x :twisted: .
Many thanks to all who have offered there advice
Rod