PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal ratchet

Jaymzfc
25-06-2010, 19:57
Driving home today changed gear and click!!!!! no clutch pedal. been hearing a click for the past few days but thought nothing of it and today its gone.
Towed it to mechanic now hope i find the part tommorrow morning, mechanic said its a bugger to fix but i'm more worried about not finding the part. If anyone's got the part number for the ratchet/kit would really appreciate it.

tks
jaymz

schakal
25-06-2010, 20:10
there should be some in here :)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/schakal16v

smokeybone
26-06-2010, 07:33
I have a complete genuine pedal and ratchet here still in the packet £35

Jaymzfc
26-06-2010, 16:20
tks for the offer guys, turning into a bit of a nightmare actually, the clutch cable had snapped and also broke the plastic ratched as well. Manged to find a basic clio cable and added on the extra bits from a willys one, and and original ratchet kit with pedal, after spending all day swearing with the mechanic to fit it all, every bloody time we press the pedal the ratchet clicks again and pedal goes to the floor, mechanic thinks the pressure plate has gone and is the cause , i now have to find a complete clutch kit, it's a big job to replace i suppose???

davidbuttigieg
26-06-2010, 21:00
hey james ..

got a brand new k-tec grpN clutch kit if you want

PM me

schakal
27-06-2010, 09:54
i agree with the mechanic , if the plate is worn what ever ratchet mech
you put in there will snap in no time .

Jaymzfc
30-06-2010, 17:10
Guys i need help, has any =one got a williams clutch cable they can send to malta for me asap??? i can pay you by paypal immediatly if you have but i need this sent out first thing am??

Basically replaced clutch kit, and pedal but the cable we have is too long, didnt know the nornal clio had a different length or we were supplied with the wrong cable, anyhow there's no way im gonna find one here so i need your help pls .

pm me pls

tks

smokeybone
30-06-2010, 22:04
Got mine today, many thanks to L.A and HILL POWER CLIO looks great

bradders
08-07-2010, 13:18
i had the exact same problem, had to change the cable ratchet and whole new clutch!

good luck

Jaymzfc
08-07-2010, 18:15
Tks Bradders, got a new clutch from David here in Malta and he also loaned me his cable so i'm up and running got 2 new ones on the way. I would however like to punch the French person who invented ratchet clucth pedals very hard in the face.

Big tks to David grazzi xbien .

davidbuttigieg
08-07-2010, 23:55
no problem mate :wink:

need anything else anytime let me know

too damn hot to work on mine at the mo :( seems it'll never be ready..