PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever run with just an aftermarket exhaust manifold

clowo16v
28-07-2005, 14:24
My mate has a 1937 Ford Midget racer thats got a Ford 100E 1100cc sidevalve engine in. He's just fitted a new 4-1 exhaust manifold to it, with no silencing at all at it sounds incredible, like how you'd imagine a racing car from that era to sound lol.

Anyway, anybody tried running a Clio with just a performance manifold and a short piece of pipe for a side exit exhaust and does it sound any good?

I might try it, I was gonna for for the stealth bomber style, with the standard airbox & ITG and the exhaust quiet, but after hearing his car I want a loud exhaust again.

See ya

Matt

edde
28-07-2005, 19:27
Its very very noisy. My decat keeps falling off and the noise is absultuly mad above 3k its just to much. I drove it at oulton for a lap when it fell off and me and the inestucter couldn't hear each other even when we were shouting.

clowo16v
28-07-2005, 19:32
Was it a nice sounding noise though? When I knocked my exhaust off trying to get off the drive it sounded like a tractor. I think i'll stick with the stealth bomber no sound at all idea lol.

See ya

Matt

edde
28-07-2005, 23:11
Was it a nice sounding noise though? When I knocked my exhaust off trying to get off the drive it sounded like a tractor. I think i'll stick with the stealth bomber no sound at all idea lol.

See ya

Matt
Nope I didn't like it way to noisy.

2 live
29-07-2005, 08:51
lol..i broke the downpipe comin out of york once..racing a corsa 2.0 turbo....completely snapped the downpipe jus below the joint to the fanimold.

loud as fuk , had to do over 4500 revs to quieten it a little on the mway..sounded alrite tho..kinda like the drag racers do with just lengths of pipe as manifolds lol

WeZ01y
29-07-2005, 18:27
2 live i did exactly the same the other day. welded it back up fine tho! Yea same ere way too loud! much prefer the raspy rally decatted noise you get tho with the zort :D

2 live
29-07-2005, 19:02
lol.fuk me alrite stranger

yeah wlded mine up too

u sorted the fcs vids yet??

WeZ01y
29-07-2005, 20:59
Yep i have... all burnt to a dvd ready for next meet. Just not had chance recently, been mad busy with work. Now that its summer should start to get some more time on hands to come to meets etc.