PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop quote

MatrixGuy
14-06-2010, 17:34
Hi everyone,

I have a quote from a bodyshop to sort out my arches and large rear panel dent.

I wanted to see how much it would cost to replace the whole drivers side rear panel with a new one, fix the dent and weld in a metal piece on the passenger side arch. I have been quoted around £1900 for everything (includes VAT)

I was shocked at first, but does this sound about right?!

talkingfish
14-06-2010, 17:40
Seems a tad expensive... around £1200 all in is a more realistic figure for the work you require I would suggest... shop around a bit...

MAXIBOY
14-06-2010, 17:43
seems steep but the panel is over 400 quid itself if still available

but i think you could be about right if that a top job..

might be worth asking coops where he got his done

LEIGH-ANNE
14-06-2010, 21:39
CA has just had hers done at same place as coops. If u want a top job thats the place to go...

Hers is better bodywork than 0001........ :twisted:

katbloke
14-06-2010, 21:54
Mine was over 1k 2 years ago without fitting a whole rear wing, so id say thats an ok price when you consider the wing and the labour, surely the arch is the only bit gone though? do you really need a whole wing save 395 quid and have the arch done. The hardest part to have done right is the inner to arch joint and decent anti-corrosion work not just crap underseal sprayed on bare metal

Jamie.
14-06-2010, 22:34
PM Daz. He spent a wedge on his but happy with the results. I think you should pay more to get it done right. Don't want to end up with rust back in a few years or something.

MatrixGuy
15-06-2010, 08:12
CA has just had hers done at same place as coops. If u want a top job thats the place to go...

Hers is better bodywork than 0001........ :twisted:

Which bodyshop was that LA?

MatrixGuy
15-06-2010, 08:14
Mine was over 1k 2 years ago without fitting a whole rear wing, so id say thats an ok price when you consider the wing and the labour, surely the arch is the only bit gone though? do you really need a whole wing save 395 quid and have the arch done. The hardest part to have done right is the inner to arch joint and decent anti-corrosion work not just crap underseal sprayed on bare metal

I had the rust round the petrol cap and arch done 2 years ago but it's back now so he suggested it would be best to replace the whole arch......... if i had a never ending bank balance! lol.

Coops
15-06-2010, 09:04
me, CA and Darren (talkingfish) have all used Leigh at L.W. Smart Repairs in Alfreton, Derbyshire

Works: 01773835159
Mobile: 07980289622

he's a top lad and the guys sprayer is second to none.

sure if you would like to look at his work one of us three would be more than willing to let you nosey over our cars. Darrens was done about 2.5 years ago as well, so you can see the longevity of the job as well

Ben

MatrixGuy
23-06-2010, 13:39
Well, finally decided to get the passneger arch and dent repaired. Car is going into the bodyshop on Monday.

I will post up before and after shots next week :)

Robertio
30-06-2010, 21:28
If it is any consolation I paid considerably more - bodyshop went to weld the new arch and found the inner was too rusty. I'm trying to forget the cost of replacing both inner arches, outer arches and getting the whole car resparayed. Suffice to say it was more than the car is worth :oops:

MatrixGuy
12-08-2010, 20:21
Car is now back from the bodyshop and the arch looks very good, i only wish i could of afforded to get the offside done too!

Will post some pictures up tommorrow if i can :)

Coops
12-08-2010, 21:13
who did the work in the end mate? and pics needed ;-)