PDA

View Full Version : Inner and outer sills?

Mark E-J
11-06-2010, 22:54
Where is the best place to get inner and outter sills for the clio williams 3?

My car failed the mot on excessive corrosion on both sides so I want a garage to replace them.

what price do you think it would cost to do this?

cheers in advance guys

Wobba
11-06-2010, 23:01
Sills or arches?

If sills you can buy poverty-spec ones quite cheap..

Fitting and spraying are the costly bits.

Can get rear arch panels that have part of the end sill.

Though to get through MOT you can just get plates welded.

Mark E-J
11-06-2010, 23:36
Sills or arches?

If sills you can buy poverty-spec ones quite cheap..

Fitting and spraying are the costly bits.

Can get rear arch panels that have part of the end sill.

Though to get through MOT you can just get plates welded.

the actual sills have perished mate I was down APD today and we went for mot lots of things failed so they have to be done but if they are gonna be done Im gonna get them done properly!

Just wanted a rough estimate so I know what to expect gonna phone round the bodyshops tomorrow need a full sill inner and outer the arches need sorting not for rust just because when they were re furbed the job was a tottal bodge and cleverly hidden with excess underseal.

Then again it was a cheap car so expect problems.
I will get her completly mint I did think about getting ri of her but decided to keep her and restore her!

Wobba
12-06-2010, 00:33
I did think about getting ri of her but decided to keep her and restore her!

Yay! :D

May help:

http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1_230_508&products_id=3434&osCsid=086cb1a2c969c931d60cc10cc559d610

MAXIBOY
12-06-2010, 03:01
Where is the best place to get inner and outter sills for the Williams clio 3?

My car failed the mot on excessive corrosion on both sides so I want a garage to replace them.

what price do you think it would cost to do this?

cheers in advance guys

not had this done in a while but i would think around 150 maybe 200 if there are bad..plus another 100 to then treat them afterwards..

arches around 100/200 too again impossilbe to say without seeing the extent of the bodge..

Coops
12-06-2010, 09:15
very difficult to say but safe to say you will get what you pay for, for basically a full job to clear up two crap arches and replace both the outer and weld up the inner sill, inc paint and metal etc i'd say budger the best part of 1000 for a decent job that you wont be looking to redo every year. it'll probably come in at less but to be sure budget about that imo.

5_turbo
12-06-2010, 15:55
can you get it to brum sure ill get it through the mot for you :wink:

Mark E-J
18-07-2010, 16:06
can you get it to brum sure ill get it through the mot for you :wink:

Well its costing £650 in all to get the bodywork done

new inner sills sorted outersills and inner rear arches as they were gon on the inside