PDA

View Full Version : cam belt change engine in engine out

shag
08-06-2010, 17:50
the time as come to change my cambelt wats gunna b easier engine in or engine out iv read threads wat say undo mount and jak up i did this to do the fan belt and it was a nite mare cheers guys

MAXIBOY
08-06-2010, 18:01
depends what else needs doing really mate

just cambelt engine in

cambelt water pump..clutch oil seals etc sump gaskets anything else engine out

shag
08-06-2010, 18:47
cheers fella fink guna av do water pump aswell and thrust bearing noisy so finking bout new clutch mite aswell do full works cam seals crank seals gaskets the works u think b able get out high enuf wi shafts still in lol

cliolord
08-06-2010, 19:09
cheers fella fink guna av do water pump aswell and thrust bearing noisy so finking bout new clutch mite aswell do full works cam seals crank seals gaskets the works u think b able get out high enuf wi shafts still in lol

No. You need to remove or at least seperate the gearbox from the engine to replace clutch and release bearing. I can't see you doing it with the shafts still connected. What I can see you doing is damaging the needle roller bearings on the end of the nearside driveshaft which could possibly leave the gearbox in an unusable condition.

If your going to do it properly, remove the engine properly. Also replace the cambelt roller bearing and guide bearing

shag
08-06-2010, 19:11
no worrys will do now the work starts lol

Laine_16v
08-06-2010, 21:19
If the cranks seals arent leaking, i wouldnt touch them!