PDA

View Full Version : Tyres and blip.

Jaymzfc
05-06-2010, 20:07
Well today i purchased two new from tyres as the p6000 in front were getting a little worn , i got two TOYO proxes or something like that, seem to be ok so far went flying round a corner on our very hot asphalt and they seemed pretty good anyone got these on their willy??, real test is in the wet on the slick tarmac but that wont be till next Oct at least.
The wheels are getting refurbished next week managed to get the paint as close as i could to the original and the guys gonna do the lip as well all in a mobile van shop, so looking forward to the end result.

Went for a blast in the afternoon and was overtaking a car in second and at around 6ooo revs the car seemed to loose power went into 3rd and was fine, tried it again after and was fine again??? no idea really.

Checked the engine when i got back and all seems ok just a blip i guess.

tks
jaymz

summeh
05-06-2010, 22:49
I've used Toyo Proxes T1R's on my williams quite a bit...

Almost as good as Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's in the dry... a bit more down when compared to wet performance though.

However they are cheaper, and harder, thus last a bit longer.

talkingfish
06-06-2010, 09:16
a lot of people have differing opinion on Proxes on here... as long as you're happy with them, that's the main thing...