PDA

View Full Version : Refurb Shopping List.

WilliamsLee
02-06-2010, 12:55
The Clio has been put on the sidelines due to the sad passing of my dad but now I’m all sorted the refurb of the Clio can start.

I have started a shopping list of everything I think I will need but need some help with other bits, the first being the callipers. Is there a refurb kit available or have they got to be sent off or new ones brought, the same with the shocks can they be refurbed or have I got to get new ones. The springs will be replaced.

I am going to run all new pipe lines for the brakes with braided line kit going to the callipers, what’s the deal with the bias is it worth replacing or not? Also what bushes need to be replaced I know powerflex do a front kit but what about the rear?

The engine is coming out to be checked over and having a make over is there any parts that I need to pay close attention to? And is the extra mount worth doing?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I got most of the bits before I start stripping her down.

Thanks Lee

Wobba
02-06-2010, 13:29
The Clio has been put on the sidelines due to the sad passing of my dad but now I’m all sorted the refurb of the Clio can start.

I have started a shopping list of everything I think I will need but need some help with other bits, the first being the callipers. Is there a refurb kit available or have they got to be sent off or new ones brought, the same with the shocks can they be refurbed or have I got to get new ones. The springs will be replaced.

I am going to run all new pipe lines for the brakes with braided line kit going to the callipers, what’s the deal with the bias is it worth replacing or not? Also what bushes need to be replaced I know powerflex do a front kit but what about the rear?

The engine is coming out to be checked over and having a make over is there any parts that I need to pay close attention to? And is the extra mount worth doing?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I got most of the bits before I start stripping her down.

Thanks Lee

Sorry to hear about your dad there, my condolences.

4th mount: yes, is it worth it, and cheap from a scrappy.

Engine out: Loads yo can do really, depends on time and money. Just look at the projects section for inspiration!

Bias valve can be replaced, and if you are doing all that then yea, replace it! Don't think they are expensive! Otherwise you can give it a major clean and ensure the valve is not sticking.

There is a refurb kit for the calipers, yes. Renault supply them. search for the part number as I don't have Diologys at work! You can send them off as well and be redone/painted up.

WilliamsLee
02-06-2010, 15:13
Thanks Wobba. How hard is the bias to replace?

How much am I looking at to have the gearbox refubished?

I want it mint so while the engine is out it will all be painted and sorted :D

MAXIBOY
02-06-2010, 18:45
hi mate bias is east if the brake lines come undone but on a full rebuild i would included new copper/nickel brakes lines as well with brass ends then you never have to worry again..

did all mine about a days work with the right tools..

gearbox refurbs cost depending on damage..really..but all new bearings and syncros were around 300 new from renault last time i checked..

plus another 100/300 for fitting depending where you go...lol..

refurbished box from renault can be had around the 650 mark i believe..

WilliamsLee
02-06-2010, 20:34
Thanks mate I will be replacing all the brake lines and fixings.

Its not a job Im looking foward to lol

talkingfish
02-06-2010, 20:51
drop me a pm if you want some help on your engine bay restore - I did mine last winter so can give you some pointers!

WilliamsLee
02-06-2010, 21:13
Thanks mate all help appriciated.

MAXIBOY
02-06-2010, 21:20
same here with the brake lines/ brakes etc.. do all mine own ..

WilliamsLee
03-06-2010, 06:37
Thanks mate :D

cliorod
03-06-2010, 16:38
William,condolences over your sad loss :( :( ,If there is anything I can do,please get in touch ~~ re parts etc.
Regarding refurbing calipers,I think you will find a lot of the seal kits,and slider pins etc are not available from Renault as are other items :oops: :oops:
However I have just been quoted for new calipers The off side caliper is available (next day) and the nears side caliper is available ~~ back order (France~~most probably 5/10 days) both are priced at £120:33p plus vat or £144:88 inc vat (if my maths are correct).
When I refurbed a pair for a project it nearly totalled that for the pistons,slider pins and seals :roll: :? :roll:
Rod

WilliamsLee
07-06-2010, 20:06
Thanks mate been looking at the refurb kits and can get most bits online hoping the pistons are fine if not then new calipers it will be.