PDA

View Full Version : Dash Temp Gauge Light

Rudders16v
28-07-2005, 09:43
The back light to my outside temprature gauge went out yesterday. The temprature is still displayed, but its very hard to see as the back light has gone out.

I know on my 19 there are 2 bulbs to this, so im guessing the Williams has two bulbs as well?? I've checked the fuse, and that seems ok, any other ideas?

Swervin_Mervin
28-07-2005, 09:49
Possibly bulb, possibly the connector. My connector needs a wiggle as the back light stopped working when I was mucking about behind there.

TBH I can't be fecked and now prefer it without the guage lit!

Purple
28-07-2005, 09:51
Hammer straight on the number couple of time with your fist. Worked for me. Really!

LotuzClioWilliams
28-07-2005, 11:00
Hammer straight on the number couple of time with your fist. Worked for me. Really!

I didn't need that much force, but this method worked on mine too. :D

big hp
28-07-2005, 12:01
Mine was the same fuse that the stereo uses. Change that and see.

Purple
28-07-2005, 12:04
I didn't need that much force, but this method worked on mine too. :D

:) Bagus, yah? Was actually hammering away at the speedometer stuck at 60kph while sitting at traffic light, and the dead temp backlight came back alive. But the temp calibration is useless beyond 28C anyway.

LotuzClioWilliams
28-07-2005, 12:21
:) Bagus, yah?

It's bagus for the moment. Now my windscreen sprayer won't work. And I'm sure as soon as that's fixed another electronic device will refuse to work. Electronic gadgets are nice, but don't let French mechanics do the wiring. :roll: