PDA

View Full Version : 123 to 197

Smokey McPot
01-06-2010, 08:03
Had a good run this weekend up to the missus' in Hartlecruel in Willy. It was good to stretch his legs particularly after a series of short runs all but killed the battery. He seems to be running quite well aside from that, and the run has put plenty charge back in the battery.

The journey is 4 hours each way and he held up well running continuously at around 70-80. Oil temp sat at 100c and engine temp between the 2nd and 3rd mark.

Tomorrow I will be picking up a 197 to make the same journey and then also across to Pembrokeshire. In total it'll be around 750 miles over the weekend by the time im finished. Although i'm quite familiar with the car, its had recent steering issues resolved (I always found it a bit vague and slow) and a new set of tyres and discs and pads all round, I hope to notice an improvement in the drive and responsiveness of the car. I'll be curious to see how comfortable it is on a long run. As Willy isnt that comfortable for me, but I am used to it at least.

I'll do a little review/report when I'm done with my travels if anyone is interested.