PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24 HR Races - Anybody else going?

simonr85
30-05-2010, 13:38
Anybody going to watch lemans 24 hr races in a few weeks? Or has anyone been before, it will be my first time this year so any tips will be appreciated, and its on my 25th birthday and england are playing. :lol:

My ferry leaves on thursday, then after Le mans its off to the nurburgring.........cant wait!

cliorod
30-05-2010, 16:12
Simon
Me and 3 other guys from work are going :lol: :roll: :lol:

We are setting off from Foulridge/Colne at 08:30 on Thursday :x :x catching the 4:30 ferry from Dover,having a night in Calais :wink: :lol: :wink: .Then driving down to the circuit pitching the tent etc etc.
Was at Le Mans in 1997 & 1998 ~~ absolutely brilliant atmosphere.
Should be a good laugh this trip.

Mode of transport :~ a 1970's ex ~ Danish crew cab VW ~~ pickup :o :D :shock: :o ,Porsche wheels,tuned engine on 45 dellortos :twisted: :evil: :twisted: and left hand drive ~~ You will not miss it ~~ a s***ty shade of Egg shell blue ~~ see you there ( I hope :oops: :oops: )

Wobba
31-05-2010, 10:11
I would love to go, really would, but not this year sadly :(

col
31-05-2010, 10:58
Havent been since the seventies,...917s matra simcas screeming round the circuit....luved every second.......must go again.....sadly not this year.

Best of luck lads...enjoy :wink:

simonr85
31-05-2010, 11:02
Simon
Me and 3 other guys from work are going :lol: :roll: :lol:

We are setting off from Foulridge/Colne at 08:30 on Thursday :x :x catching the 4:30 ferry from Dover,having a night in Calais :wink: :lol: :wink: .Then driving down to the circuit pitching the tent etc etc.
Was at Le Mans in 1997 & 1998 ~~ absolutely brilliant atmosphere.
Should be a good laugh this trip.

Mode of transport :~ a 1970's ex ~ Danish crew cab VW ~~ pickup :o :D :shock: :o ,Porsche wheels,tuned engine on 45 dellortos :twisted: :evil: :twisted: and left hand drive ~~ You will not miss it ~~ a s***ty shade of Egg shell blue ~~ see you there ( I hope :oops: :oops: )

hi rod,

im setting off from preston on thurs too, but we are going from portsmouth to le havre, thats a bit of a shame or we could of convoyed with you.

which campsite are you on? we are on beusejour or mulsannne i cant remember which 1 right now

stan
01-06-2010, 19:17
Been before...hellovalaff

excellent atmosphere.

Have fun finding the campsites....temporary signposting isnt the best!!

richy
01-06-2010, 19:44
went there a few year back and was brilliant, we was in a camp right next to the track, next to the chicanes just before the start finish straight,

got very very drunk watching all the racing and england in the world cup!, also got sunburnt legs lol was scorching hot week too!!

would love to go again, just remember being sat in the grandstand on the start/finish straight at about 3am with the sound of lambo's screaching past, then the rumble of the corvettes and the aston martin racers etc etc

then there was the new audi diesel lol shhhhhh