Good job coopstah, may the boost be with you :lol:

ThRaXaIR
30-05-2010, 10:04
urghh u dirty old boost junkies! ;)

good results though, enjoy it coop! :D

volymmannen
30-05-2010, 10:18
8)
120bhp at 4000rpm and more than twice that at 5000rpm, must be at bit hard to drive without wheel spin

Must get my car running so i can see what power i can get

volymmannen
30-05-2010, 10:24
this must be easier to drive

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/joke222/Dynojet%208%20mei%202010/Dhayrhoneclio16v2Lturbocustom12psi.jpg

Coops
31-05-2010, 01:40
nah its fine if your sensible, needs a proper map to get the best of it though

spins up in 1st thats it, grips in second 9 times out of 10 in the dry, in the wet.......well i dont go out in the wet!! :lol:

Wobba
31-05-2010, 10:10
bring it on wobbanory ;-)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/Turbo/IMG_0087.jpg

Pfftt...brute force and figures only tell half the story!

Purple
31-05-2010, 10:18
Not the size of the bhp graph, but how often you can keep it up that is the key. 8)

richy
31-05-2010, 13:37
what happened to the 300+ ??

Coops
31-05-2010, 13:54
couldnt get it to run right on 21psi chip, so back at 16psi for now, remap later in the year :wink:

volymmannen
01-06-2010, 16:19
nah its fine if your sensible, needs a proper map to get the best of it though

spins up in 1st thats it, grips in second 9 times out of 10 in the dry, in the wet.......well i dont go out in the wet!! :lol:

8) :gears: :gears:

Wobba
01-06-2010, 17:33
Go aftermarket and have it mapped properly you cheapskate :)

cliolord
01-06-2010, 18:46
http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/suspension/chassis_and_handling/understeer.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/gazrawly/Randoms/ohdear.png

:wink: Ah common, thought you'd be at 500hp by now kid!

richy
01-06-2010, 18:50
couldnt get it to run right on 21psi chip, so back at 16psi for now, remap later in the year :wink:

the amount of cash you spend on bodywork n other stuff(wheels etc)

id thought you would of got a decent remap/ecu for it!

Wobba
01-06-2010, 20:01
http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/suspension/chassis_and_handling/understeer.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/gazrawly/Randoms/ohdear.png

:wink: Ah common, thought you'd be at 500hp by now kid!

LOL

:D
To cure understeer, should try one of these tricky diffs I got...very impressive!!!!

cliolord
01-06-2010, 20:04
I had one, it broke :cry:

Coops
01-06-2010, 20:33
lmao, only understeers if your a muppet and plant it mid corner like a muppet, if you feel how the cars responding its very easy to simply apply the amount of power necessary to not understeer. only ham fisted fools press go pedal and pray

richy, never felt the need, its never been a priority as the cars never really struggled to run or perform impressively and tbh current issue could be bollocks anyway, second opinion being sort asap, borrowing mates wideband :D

Wobba
01-06-2010, 20:36
lmao, only understeers if your a muppet and plant it mid corner like a muppet, if you feel how the cars responding its very easy to simply apply the amount of power necessary to not understeer. only ham fisted fools press go pedal and pray

richy, never felt the need, its never been a priority as the cars never really struggled to run or perform impressively and tbh current issue could be bollocks anyway, second opinion being sort asap, borrowing mates wideband :D

Thing is you CAN plant it mid corner and it sticks to its line, can feel the diff working, amazing stuff. I've just been out in the wet provoking it :D Really impressive!

cliolord
01-06-2010, 20:37

Thing is you CAN plant it mid corner and it sticks to its line, can feel the diff working, amazing stuff. I've just been out in the wet provoking it :D Really impressive!

Your making me cry :cry:

Evogone
01-06-2010, 22:17

You had a duff build/box, mine still fine in the rallycar 10 rallies including some with the new engine in..so not an hp or abuse issue.

diditno
02-06-2010, 00:02
ill have the bhp game part 4 up in a couple of weeks after my rollers session. look out coops, im going for your power record

Wobba
02-06-2010, 00:52

:( Sowwy!

Coops
02-06-2010, 09:03
dont get me wrong, it would be lovely to have a diff and a proper map and both are on the cards, but the cars still stupidly fast and hasnt killed me yet on a corner, i have learnt how to drive it in its current trim and for the money and outlay its not currently worth it as its mainly used for fast road and santa pod. if and when i start to track it, feel i like it, and do it regularly i will add the necessary components to make it more competitive, but for now lag and understeer is good for a bit of a giggle :wink:

Evogone
02-06-2010, 21:32
dont get me wrong, it would be lovely to have a diff and a proper map and both are on the cards, but the cars still stupidly fast and hasnt killed me yet on a corner, i have learnt how to drive it in its current trim and for the money and outlay its not currently worth it as its mainly used for fast road and santa pod. if and when i start to track it, feel i like it, and do it regularly i will add the necessary components to make it more competitive, but for now lag and understeer is good for a bit of a giggle :wink:

Diff is essential to getting off the line effeciently as possible in hi power FWD cars, will improve you pod times....

Coops
02-06-2010, 21:51
how? both wheels spin up already, diff only works when one spins and other doesnt?

Wobba
02-06-2010, 22:13
mmmm, put it this way, not wheelspun yet in my car...Probably will do at some stage I admit, but not yet...

Laine_16v
02-06-2010, 22:15
lmfao, as soon as i had mine running at craigs the very first drive i did was around his yard, it pelted it down with slushly sleet / snow.

Booted it around wheelspinning everywhere as you do and spun out completely :D Im such a child

2 live
02-06-2010, 22:51

Diff is essential to getting off the line effeciently as possible in hi power FWD cars, will improve you pod times....

not really tbh.

granted it would be an advantage but isnt beneficial

Evogone
03-06-2010, 18:27

not really tbh.

Totally disagree (effeciently/effectly whatever) mycar was "so" much quicker of the mark especially in the wet with the diff.!! All the top drag boys run them, some are totally locked diffs...

cliolord
03-06-2010, 18:43

not really tbh.

Totally disagree (effeciently/effectly whatever) mycar was "so" much quicker of the mark especially in the wet with the diff.!! All the top drag boys run them, some are totally locked diffs...

But then theres Clutch plate differentials, Automatic Torque Biasing differentials, Welded/Locked differentials, electronic differentials... They work in different ways. I didn't notice a difference in straight line traction if im honest

dhay14
03-06-2010, 21:17
nice graph coops.....

hope so remap mine around july to 20 psi (at least 15) il be posting up

dhay14
03-06-2010, 21:19
this must be easier to drive

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/joke222/Dynojet%208%20mei%202010/Dhayrhoneclio16v2Lturbocustom12psi.jpg

its easy till the 3rd gear... then it gets mental !!!!! and all that on 10 psi :D

Evogone
03-06-2010, 23:36

not really tbh.

But then theres Clutch plate differentials, Automatic Torque Biasing differentials, Welded/Locked differentials, electronic differentials... They work in different ways. I didn't notice a difference in straight line traction if im honest

All options stated are better than a std open diff..! Regards to your then seems yours wasnt right.

Std Focus ST are half a second quicker to 60 with an ATB diff...imagine and RS with no LSD. :wink:

Coops
04-06-2010, 12:36
that must be due to one wheel spinning up in the st, the clio doenst torque steer, both wheels let go at the same time anyway, so in a straight line i cant see a slp diff making a massive difference, it cant magic more traction up from nowhere. it can only keep both wheels slipping roughly equally, which happens already on my car with the standard open diff.

thats just how my brain sees it, maybe i need to fit one and see :D :lol:

Wobba
04-06-2010, 13:29
Yhere is a finite amount of grip, yes Coops. But think of it like this. You wont torque steer if one wheel is spinning because all the power is leaking through the spinning wheel and none is being put to the other wheel, so you simply dont go forwards at all. that's the problem with open diff, sending all the torque through the easiest route and not spreading it to the other wheel which actually has grip. It will feel like you are spinning both wheels.

A gripper will divert the lost torque to the other wheel and at least even the torque spread, so in effect doubling the grip compared to an open diff, as you are doubling the active wheels that are being used, being put into forward motion.

Right I'm off out.

Evogone
04-06-2010, 15:00
that must be due to one wheel spinning up in the st, the clio doenst torque steer, both wheels let go at the same time anyway, so in a straight line i cant see a slp diff making a massive difference, it cant magic more traction up from nowhere. it can only keep both wheels slipping roughly equally, which happens already on my car with the standard open diff.

thats just how my brain sees it, maybe i need to fit one and see :D :lol:

Thats not whats happening on your car, the top R5 drag guys will be running LSD or welded diff.

Open diffs dont allow both wheels to spin, power goes to the wheel which has the least traction, hence one big black line from standing start. LSD diverts power to the wheel with most traction....

Outcome is more traction with and LSD than open diff...hence an open diff can never be as good (unless you weld an open diff so both wheels get the power 100% of the time) but you may get a bit of understeer :wink:

dhay14
04-06-2010, 15:09
are there any downpoints on welded diff? because if the there's not i cant see why spending money on gripper lsd's instead of welding a gearbox.

are there people that can share the knowladge on welding or welded open diffs?

robi1000
04-06-2010, 15:24
If you drive straight only, then there's no downpoints. First curve will put huge strain on your diff, because even on the longest curve outside wheel is always spinning a bit faster then the inside wheel. That's the reason why you should drive on tarmac with diffs fully locked on a proper 4x4.

That's why they invented LSD's, best of both worlds.

Justin..
04-06-2010, 17:25
As above, a welded diff on the street is not good, my mate had a silvia with a welded diff and you could hear the rear wheels fighting each other even on the lightest bend

Coops
04-06-2010, 18:28
theres a ford anglia with a r1 in it and welded diff up mansfield way, same thing, can hear the rear wheels skittering on cornering, bad

what i'm saying is both my wheels spin, if you look on the road i have 2 black lines already :lol:

bass_direct
04-06-2010, 18:47
I had my turbo rolling roaded today, 302bhp at 18psi...

cliolord
04-06-2010, 18:49
ohhhhhhhh Coop master has been owned? :shock:

bass_direct
04-06-2010, 18:50
:^o

bass_direct
04-06-2010, 18:51
Lol ok i lied, but it will be r/r'd in 4 weeks! but only at 15psi! remap soon after though 8)

Evogone
04-06-2010, 19:29
theres a ford anglia with a r1 in it and welded diff up mansfield way, same thing, can hear the rear wheels skittering on cornering, bad

what i'm saying is both my wheels spin, if you look on the road i have 2 black lines already :lol:

Said my piece.

Get an LSD fitted and you will feel the difference...!

Wobba
04-06-2010, 20:27
Pretty sure a certain Ravie Davie may have an interesting Williams shortly...it's at APD at the mo.

schakal
09-06-2010, 16:06
lmfao, as soon as i had mine running at craigs the very first drive i did was around his yard, it pelted it down with slushly sleet / snow.

Booted it around wheelspinning everywhere as you do and spun out completely :D Im such a child

at your age the term to use would be "solo-sexual"

http://www.infinite-love-forum.com/images/smilies/smiley_tosser.gif

zmaster2k
09-06-2010, 17:08
FPMSL!@BASS! 8)

Laine_16v
10-06-2010, 07:28

at your age the term to use would be "solo-sexual"

http://www.infinite-love-forum.com/images/smilies/smiley_tosser.gif

every single comment you try to make witty or funny, just isnt, i feel quite sorry for you :(

raviedavie
10-06-2010, 11:27
Pretty sure a certain Ravie Davie may have an interesting Williams shortly...it's at APD at the mo.

Yeah shouldnt be too long now !!! 8)