PDA

View Full Version : *A Special video*

seb182
27-07-2005, 19:31
This is my first attempt with windows movie maker so don't flame me!

its a vid of my first ring trip - only 2.5 mb so enjoy.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=rinttripfirsttake

big hp
27-07-2005, 19:36
The 182 looks out of place :roll:

:wink:

seb182
27-07-2005, 19:48
yeah cheers for that :D

richy
27-07-2005, 19:51
u see the esc cosworth reg M600 BHP ive driven that a few year ago, was running straight cut box, extra injectors for avaition fuel, hydrolic handbrakes, coilovers, adustable TCA's all sorts

seb182
27-07-2005, 19:58
^^cool there are some sweet motors at the ring.

edde
27-07-2005, 20:03
The Williams realy didn't fitted in there last time.

Its worth less than the wheels on some cars.

Although unlike some cars I didn't crash into anything and could bring a set of spare tyres with me.

edde
27-07-2005, 20:05
^^cool there are some sweet motors at the ring.
Yep problem is I seemed to rarly meet them on the track.
Only thing is if you own an M3 CSL or a GT3/ GT3RS your just common and normal none even notices.
There was a Carera GT there last time what a noise though humm.

richy
27-07-2005, 20:07
cool im hoping to go next year, how much it cost u on average edde? how mnay days u go etc and seb182?

seb182
27-07-2005, 20:11
total cost for everything was about 350 - 400 and i was there for three days.

richy
27-07-2005, 20:12
thats isnt to bad, thats ferrys etc inc then

Jan
27-07-2005, 20:17
I'm in richy :D

let's get a little road trip sorted....

richy
27-07-2005, 20:19
I'm in richy :D

let's get a little road trip sorted....
nice one i genuinly think we should do a trip there, i know not everyone will due to costs! but i wanna go!!!! before i sell the clio

Jan
27-07-2005, 20:22
i'm adding up the cost of this weekend and i don't recon the 'ring would be much more expensive really :shock:

let's get it in the pipeline... :P

richy
27-07-2005, 20:23
i dont mind going even if its not a big club thing lol

richy
27-07-2005, 20:28
talking to mate were planning september 06 for the ring, that way can go france in june aswell!

Jan
27-07-2005, 20:28
Let's just get a few people together and go :twisted:

btw - I was in a bkie shop this afternoon looking for a lid and the guy said that some tracks don't accept bike lids :? he said twice he'd sold lids to guys driving cars and they weren't allow to use them!

What's that all about?

Jan
27-07-2005, 20:29
september '06 :shock:

i'm kinda thinking october '05 - lol

richy
27-07-2005, 20:29
thats odd, last ones ive been and mate both used bike lids with no problems, went to oulten which simon (track action) ran and was fine

richy
27-07-2005, 20:30
september '06 :shock:

i'm kinda thinking october '05 - lol

lol my clio is going off road september this year!!! once wc nat meet is out way its getting stripped lol

Jan
27-07-2005, 20:30
hmm - will have to investigate as i want to get a lid tomorrow morning

Jamie.
27-07-2005, 20:31
seb can u send me that programme that u used to edit videos? as i want a prog to edit vids.....if u are able to send it me over msn please? my addy is clio_williams3@hotmail.com

cheers

seb182
27-07-2005, 20:50
^^^^sorry matey, i got OWNED by AOL and have been offline for a while.. i think i have sorted it now.

i've added you but you appear offline.

to the other question the cost was for EVERYTHING. beer, fuel, ring laps, fuel, food sticker, the whole lot.. even some rolling tobacco. lol

richy
27-07-2005, 20:51
cheers seb

Jan
27-07-2005, 20:51
how many laps did you do mate? sounds cheaper than i expected :?

seb182
27-07-2005, 20:53
was all the chat about helmets specific to the ring? cos i didn't wear one and most people don't so i wouldn't worry bout that if your going.

i have no idea the regs for track days in the UK though!

edde
27-07-2005, 21:08
Just to say I've been twice once in the diesel and once in the Williams.
its about 65 to 85 euros a night depending on single or double rooms (cheaper to share but you have to trust the other person) thats inlcudes breakfast but Germans have weird taste. Also most people never seem to make breakfast as there still sleeeping off there handovers.

Only go though with a group of friends it would be a little boring on your own. Nothing like the antics off the track to realy make a good trip.
Food and drink can be expensive I paid the last nights food bill for 15 people or so and it was £280 that a 3 course meal and a lot of alcohol each person. I'd guess I've ended up paying about £25 a day on food and drink (never bother realy with lunch just tea and booze).

Just got my credit card statment back and for 13 laps plus driving there and back its about £360 worth of fuel. SInce most of us are in the N/W you'd be looking about the same. However we weren't slow foot to the floor most of the way I think we adveraged about 80 and for one hour of the trip 90mph. If you keep the speed down you'd save a fair bit we were stopping ever 2 hours I think. I'd hate to imagine how long Martin would last.
Price of laps isn't to bad its £15 for one laps but if you buy 25 it drops down to £12 I think and its not limited to one car so get together with someoen and maybe share a ticket. the tickets (so long as you buy one for more than 6 laps) are valid for a year or so I've still got mine somewhere I'll dig it out its still valid till the end of the year though for definate and since I'm back in September I'm not bothered.

Definatly worth it though even if you (as I dd) take a slow diesel thjere.
its about 1.7k I did driving there 13 laps a bit of round town and back I think.

You can get there in a day though its just a long day. theres a Travel Lodge just down the road which is £40~50 a night if you don't want to do the treck in one day.

Theres a load of good hotels though and so long as you go off peak its very quiet at the hotels etc.

The ring is mental though its the best road ever just treat it like a fast road though as a £1k bill is very easy to get landed with and the police treat it like a normal road so you can get banned. Also anyway can go round there was a bus at one bend whcih f your pushing it can make for an intesting racing line. Also its mostly blind so if someoen rolled it (and it happend) you realy need to be able to manover.

Theres a 95DB limit there which was stickly enforced first time we were there hence Nicks and another car being banned however last time only the bikers were targeted.

You don't need to wear a helmet its just a toll road I didn't when I had passengers to placate there fears but on my own I did.

richy
27-07-2005, 21:11
cool, gonna get saving then!

Jan
27-07-2005, 21:12
that's more along the lines i was thinking - cheers edde 8)

edde
27-07-2005, 21:18
that's more along the lines i was thinking - cheers edde 8)
I have been thinking about trying to arrange a cheap trip camping or something but its just not worth it it costs a fortune going there in a car (unless its a diesel when it only costs you £75 in fuel)
Another idea is to rent a big house for a week you cn get one for 14~18 people with 7 rooms for £1.5~2k which is cheaper than a hotel plus you don't have to cook just go out or get a laod of food cheap from the supermarket (Aldi is the only one I remember) and have a barbcque at home in the back gargen and then noone has to stay sober to drive you all back.

If you do go and decide to eat and drink out remember to take soem back seats in your cars nothing worse than having 1/2 people unable to drink so they have to drive.