PDA

View Full Version : Leccy Window Passenger Side

infinity
25-05-2010, 17:39
Hi Guys, slowly getting the Williams back into shape however, got a problem with the passenger side window not working from drivers side switch.

Swapped the passenger switch on the passenger door for a new one and now that works fine (didn't before) so must have been a duff switch. Haven't changed the drivers side passenger switch but the new switch fits from the passenger side, tried that and no joy. It does make a noise as if it's going to work but then doesn't!

It works when it wants to (after all it is French)! I've done the usual and lubed rails and checked fuses. Any ideas???

Thanks...

p.s. The door card has been removed (that's for another topic) and there's a white connector with pink and white leads hanging there with nowhere to go? It comes from the door mirror area but as those are manual it's got nothing to do with them. Has it got anything to do with the window's operation from the driver's side?

vkosho
25-05-2010, 18:01
sounds like a high resistance somewhere. possibly a bad earth on the drivers side door window switch. Pop the switch out and do a volt drop test with a multimeter if you can.

The two wires hanging down they might be for the ambient temperature sensor in the passenger wing mirror.

Wobba
25-05-2010, 20:34
Has it got anything to do with the window's operation from the driver's side?

Yep. Its leads for the leccy mirrors. Willy 1's still have them even though they are manual mirriors.

infinity
26-05-2010, 12:21
Hi, thanks Wobba and Vkosho for the reply. Had another look at this morning and think it might be a duff drivers side switch.

Will let you know how it pans out.

Thanks.

Wobba
26-05-2010, 14:47
99% of the time its the switch.

infinity
26-05-2010, 21:00
I thinks it's a dodgy switch. The window is OK up but NOT down. Will try and get my hands on a switch and take it from there...

Cheers

vkosho
27-05-2010, 02:16
yeh pretty much got to be the switch then. I thought you knew it was working, must have misread your origional post.

Cheep as chips from the scrappy!

infinity
31-05-2010, 19:47
It was the switch, both windows and all 3 switches working (for another year at least)!

Cheers guys.

Wobba
31-05-2010, 20:24
Yay!

cliokiz
02-06-2010, 13:47
Not uncommon for the wiring in the looms to break either.

And the passenger side window won't work without the drivers side loom and switches hooked up :wink: (i think)