PDA

View Full Version : stalling on occasion.......help! full descr. given

titcharoony
22-05-2010, 13:49
After, finding that the car was very lumpy at idle, and at low revs, even when driving - i took forums advice and cleaned ICV - and after just taking it out for a quick drive just now i can report at low revs it drives smoother, with no lumpiness at all, much improved. also on startup it sits at good idle speed with no lumpiness at all. however....... lol if i knock it into neutral from say, 30 or 40 for example, the revs will drop to 500, then maybe rise up to 8-900 ans stay there, or just drop off and die. it probably happens, 3/4 times out of ten.

anything else to try peeps? ta!

MatBrown
22-05-2010, 14:02
If it's while your moving along that would indicate the road speed sensor attached to the speedo cable.

Mat.

titcharoony
22-05-2010, 14:05
once again mat, you save my bacon. ill check it out, although its only when i drop off the gas when rolling. i dont think it does it from standing. i.e. if i rev it, i dont think it'll stall. ill check it out though. oh, and i need to pop over your way soon.

titcharoony
24-05-2010, 14:14
hey mat, rang renault in tamworth - most unhelpful. never heard of a road speed sensor - couldnt find it on the system...didnt know what they were on about. is it possible to swop a sensor over from a dead un renault? you got one chief?

Coops
24-05-2010, 15:16
take clocks out, look at top of the speedo cable, there will be a 3 prong plug connected there, snip the black cable on the speedo cable side of the multiplug and retap a new earth for that wire somewhere behind the dash, 9 times out of 10 this works. if not you need a new speedo cable as the road speed sensor is part of the cable itself, hence the parts guys getting confused, not the brightest of sparks bless them :wink: