PDA

View Full Version : Im back

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 11:47
Hi people, im back in the clio game now, picked up a 449 16v the other night, going to make another hybrid track car. Already started the stripping and work. :) I still have the bike but couldn't stay away.

I did lydden in my taxi the other day and got the car bug again so got the clio :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs532.ash1/31194_383836772819_716482819_4507941_2937641_n.jpg

Managed to overtake a few people too in my 130bhp diesel tank lol

Can't wait to really get to work on the toy -

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs546.snc3/29913_10150170041195220_888700219_12225872_955558_ n.jpg

Great to be back.

P.s

Can an admin change my e-mail address to shaunus80@hotmail.com

I managed to get on my profile coz my pc remembered my password but i cant remember what it is to login or change it :(

thanks

Wobba
08-05-2010, 11:54
OMFG HAHA!!!!

Welcome back noob! Still had a rune marked to the WC site eh? Yay!

Let me know if you need any help hehe! Where's the front bumper!?

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 12:01
I need masses of help dan lol i'll get you over for a weekend when i change the engine! :P

bumper is in the car at the moment lol

and yeah, always keep a wc marked rune matey :)

hows yourself?

Wobba
08-05-2010, 13:09
I need masses of help dan lol i'll get you over for a weekend when i change the engine! :P

hows yourself?

Ok, well assuming I have a car that works and can get over I'll help hehe.

Me?? Well, work work work mate. Calming down a bit now though.

Not had my car for 6 weeks. It's at AP Developments at the mo having some work done for extra power and an LSD fitted to the 'box. Fingers crossed, it will be finished by next Saturday!

So is the engine a 1.8 yea? Need a 2.0L really. If you go for a Megane 714 replacement, I have an inlet, ECU and TB for the Meggy conversion which Paddy 16v gave me. I am sure he wont mind :)

May be easier with a standard Willy engine though I guess or just a Meggy B/E.

Anyway, must dash. Got to meet Leighanne and get her out in the rain to fix cars lol.

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 14:22

hows yourself?

Ok, well assuming I have a car that works and can get over I'll help hehe.

Me?? Well, work work work mate. Calming down a bit now though.

Not had my car for 6 weeks. It's at AP Developments at the mo having some work done for extra power and an LSD fitted to the 'box. Fingers crossed, it will be finished by next Saturday!

So is the engine a 1.8 yea? Need a 2.0L really. If you go for a Megane 714 replacement, I have an inlet, ECU and TB for the Meggy conversion which Paddy 16v gave me. I am sure he wont mind :)

May be easier with a standard Willy engine though I guess or just a Meggy B/E.

Anyway, must dash. Got to meet Leighanne and get her out in the rain to fix cars lol.

Good stuff mate, well im living at my own place now so can put you up if you come round :)

Yeah going for either an F7R or an F4R, undecided yet. Although am considering going whole hog and trying to do F4R turbo.

Gotta get the shell etc up to scratch first, i've already started spending (eek) so will see how things pan out.

A mate of mine steve bought your old grey 16v iirc!

Would be good to have a look at your willy :lol: dude

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 16:13
Just had a mate round who does welding/metal fabrication who also works at a garage (and has a lovely DC5 type r and a starlet track car he is putting an mr2 turbo lump in) to have a look at the clio, he said it doesn't look too bad and is going to do it for me in a couple of sundays time once i've stripped the car bare. For nowt! Result :D

Its getting a move on already :) going back outside now to do some more stripping.

:D

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 19:03
Gutted the inside today (most of it anyway), forget how easy it is to pull the inside of the clio apart. Was fun and has brought all the great memories back, just need to try get it going like my old one -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/shaunus/30042008174.jpg

Heres how the new one looks at the moment -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/shaunus/08052010423.jpg

oops! lol, pick up my monaco's tomorrow hopefully, need to rip the tar out and paint the inside first.

Wobba
08-05-2010, 19:08
Excellent! Shell is good then :D

Yea, a guy called Dan bought the valver and some time later I saw it for sale again. It had different alloys sadly but the clutch had been done which is great. Only needed bodywork after that.

Is it still alive?

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 19:10
Shell isn't as bad as i thought it was. My mate said its less work than he thought so he was chuffed. :)

Yeah its still alive mate, i nearly bought it, he sold it on though.

Wobba
08-05-2010, 19:18
Shell isn't as bad as i thought it was. My mate said its less work than he thought so he was chuffed. :)

Yeah its still alive mate, i nearly bought it, he sold it on though.

Shame. I'd be tempted to widetrack the old car, rebuild my spare F7R (go high compression) and and whack it in!

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 20:43
Spare f7r? Sell me it! :P

Wobba
08-05-2010, 21:29

You'd be better off getting a complete working one mate. I've gutted the engine and it's sat in lots of bits all over the place. I am only keeping it as I may have it rebuilt to a fully high compression set up to maximise my ITB's and cams/headwork ;)

Lets catch up on a track sometime this year mate. Pop along to FCS :D

seanofnp
08-05-2010, 23:17

You'd be better off getting a complete working one mate. I've gutted the engine and it's sat in lots of bits all over the place. I am only keeping it as I may have it rebuilt to a fully high compression set up to maximise my ITB's and cams/headwork ;)

Lets catch up on a track sometime this year mate. Pop along to FCS :D

Ah fair enough mate! Yeah i really wanna do a megane 225 engine in it, so am on a mission.

We need to catch up, the clio won't be ready for FCS. Will be ready for next year though i imagine. :)

16v_paddy
09-05-2010, 10:22
i really wanna do a megane 225 engine in it, so am on a mission.

Couple of guys on c16v have done this, have a look in the projects section :wink:

WilliamsLee
09-05-2010, 12:39
Hello mate remember me from TS with the Cupra R? Hows you I have a williams clio now, we will have tto catch up soon.

seanofnp
09-05-2010, 14:41
Hello mate remember me from TS with the Cupra R? Hows you I have a williams clio now, we will have tto catch up soon.

Hi mate i believe i do, yeah drop me a pm with your number.

Glad to see you come over to the french side!

Paddy, i can't get in them anymore, need to donate again